The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Sold 1968 Camaro SS L78 4 speed (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168737)

napa68 09-07-2021 08:15 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just to show how much I like this car, I'll offer this.......

I think some of you are familiar with some of the cars I have / do own personally. The same could be said for my Dad as well. The fact of the matter is, my Dad owned this car. He and I both are smitten with the car. I took it back from him as I found him a 17,000 mile L79 Corvette roadster. I gladly took this car back as I had (and still do) miss the Harry Mann L78 / L88 car that Paul has. This car is THAT nice IMO.

I purchased to smog from Bill Hodel due to the fact I was going to hang onto this car.

What has changed as I have had a 66 Corvette L72 (very original and highly awarded) car drop into my crosshairs. As some of you know, these Corvette's run deep with my family. I only have so much room for personal cars, so something (unfortunately) has to go.

Just a little sidebar to the conversation at hand and a peek into my head:naughty:

Tim

Too Many Projects 09-07-2021 08:22 PM

Addition to the current building ...:dunno:

Super nice car to let go of.

napa68 09-07-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1562344)
Addition to the current building ...:dunno:

Super nice car to let go of.

Thought about that........I'd hardly sell anything then.

RPOLS3 09-07-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1562342)
I have had a 66 Corvette L72 (very original and highly awarded) car drop into my crosshairs.

Tim

Looking forward to seeing this......:headbang:

olredalert 09-07-2021 09:12 PM

----Without letting the cat out of the bag can you give us a few tidbits on the 66? If not I do understand......Bill S

TimG 09-07-2021 09:20 PM

What a beautiful car, Tim. I'd keep it the way it is and enjoy.

67since67 09-07-2021 10:13 PM

So many cars, so little time (and space)!!

napa68 09-07-2021 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1562358)
----Without letting the cat out of the bag can you give us a few tidbits on the 66? If not I do understand......Bill S

L72 Coupe. 61,000 miles Original paint (Laguna Blue), original interior (black vinyl). Well docked, Top Flight, BG Gold, MCACN Triple Diamond.

Factory knock off car (with all 5 wheels), factory gold line car, tele column, radio delete, 3.08 posi., HD suspension. The body and the patina is just to die for.

I was bidding on the car at a Mecum auction about 10 years ago (Proteam won out). Was seriously in love with it then. When I saw the car again, I was to say the least......."in heat":naughty:

I have been on a streak of finding some really killer cars as of late. Frankly, I could find a reason to keep them ALL! You guys will see a couple of others I have found, as I'll post them here first before going about my ways. Once I get the 66, I'll get familiar with it, photograph the car, and give it to Bruce.

It's honestly been years since I have been this excited about a car!

Tim

juliosz 09-07-2021 11:25 PM

Wow Tim, I’m partial to Island Teal but Grotto looks fantastic as well! The interior of this car is identical to mine, even down to the Sun gauges and I added a period Sun tach shortly after getting it from you. The idle on your car sounds fantastic as well. GLWTS.

Too Many Projects 09-07-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1562351)
Thought about that........I'd hardly sell anything then.

:wink:...:headbang: