View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,139 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Rain today here in the Houston area, so I decided to keep the doors shut and tackle the brake and clutch quadrant as well as blast the bumper brackets. So step one, take a lot of pictures. There's a lot of small parts on this thing and they can go any which way! Notice the mark on the spring. That's an inspection mark of some sort, but I don't know what it signifies exactly. Might be a B-Body or Plant specific thing. Either way, it'll go back on! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

So with it all disassembled, I blasted all the parts and then started to detail it up. And with only 53K miles on it, the clutch and brake pedal pads were in surprisingly great shape so for now, I just cleaned them up with some conditioner and used some stainless polish on the pedal trim.

And yes, I built that little stand. I know! You want one too? Everyone needs a clutch and brake pedal quadrant stand!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif[/img] I'll wrap this up in some plastic for safe storage until I take it out for reassembly. Meanwhile, I'm shipping out the wiper motor to get done. That takes about 6 weeks, so I'm thinking something in December I'll have that back. OK, more blocking tomorrow!!!

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]