View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv69s View Post
Cool list..thanks for sharing.

Interesting how FG was so in vogue in 1969. green in general. Now it is not near the top of the list of favorite colors.

I assume it was a patriotic feeling from the war ? lots of soldiers also ordering cars or coming home in the next few years and buying cars also. Army/camo green??

any thoughts?
As a vet returning home in 1969, personally, I wouldn't have bought a green car because of my attachment to my military days. I bought a new GTO in 1967 and my first color choice was burgundy, I couldn't find one in that color, so I ended up buying a gold one.

The really bright colors were just starting to come out in 68-69 and some of the colors were a bit bright for some, so they stuck with more traditional colors. Why the green's were popular I'm not sure, but I do remember that the darker shades of green were always on the lots .

I almost bought a dark green with white stinger 427/435 Vette coupe at VV Cooke in Louisville at the time I bought the GTO, but it was a bit much for a newly minted 2nd Lieutenant. I can still picture that car sitting in the showroom, it was beautiful.

Not surprising to me that HO is the most popular color on the Camaro. One of those 84 is mine and I think that would have been my color choice if I were buying back in the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vern B For This Useful Post:
my70454ss (07-15-2017)