View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 08:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,143 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
Wow!- this project is rockin' Now!
Who are you using for engine build? Not many guys left in SJ area.
Cheers-
Gary Keeling Automotive Machine 884 Aldo Ave Santa Clara

Really great guy and has been in the business over 40 years I believe, but his door says he is always closed because "I want to be left alone to work" He is usually there from 4 AM and leaves before Noon. If you ring the doorbell and he is there he will come out.

Also, my frame has no subframe horn access holes, I even have a spare frame in storage!

Vin is 100118

The vin stamp has additional stamp that I was told when the car sold I think 12/6. So it sat in the dealership and wasn't sold until December. I bought the car off a gentlemen who told me this car was most likely the pretty car sitting in the dealership for mainly display purposes as it was a base L6 model with the style trim group.

When I bought the car it had been swapped over to a V8/4 speed for many years. All of the sheetmetal is original to the car with exception to the fenders, and front header panel. The RH Fender is a GM replacement which wasn't drilled for emblems, the LH Fender is a V8 Fender that had the engine emblem covered with filler before the second repaint. So in its last rendition it was a Red V8, 4 Speed car with no engine size emblems. The son had got a hold of the car and used it pretty hard and the car was non-op'd since '94. I bought the car in Redding and towed it home to San Jose in 2014. It looks like it had one terrible exterior and interior repaint. The LH Quarter needs replacing, it was hit and someone did a terrible repair, the RH Quarter is fairly straight. Whatever person had this car before me sure had their fun... now it's my turn.

I know the seats were recovered at some point with that red and white pattern. I'm still not sure if If I should go full vinyl red original or copy these style covers which I think are pretty cool too.
Attached Images

67 Camaro L78

Last edited by jbtech; 05-06-2020 at 08:51 PM. Reason: pics