View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 02:30 PM

Thanked 1,660 Times in 487 Posts

There were always a lot of unanswered questions on documenting this car such as if there were any pictures of the car when new or when it was bought by the second owner. What engine was in it , where is the original engine, was it a race car, etc.

This is the first time I have seen the trim tag and it is very interesting.

I have been researching/collecting trim tags for many years for cars and trucks that were Yenko, special order, F&SO, COPO, Police, Fire, Military, export, etc.

It is interesting to compare the special tags to the normal production tag.

There can be tell-tale signs such as found on some 67 Yenko , 68 COPO Camaros, and Yenko/COPO Chevelles.

I'm not an expert on 65 Chevelles but looking at the trim tag from this car it does appear to be some kind of special order.

The Kansas 1965 Chevelle trim tag used the Group 1, 2,3,4,5 system and this car has a 5F169C. I can't find the decode for the 5F169C but the long number/letter code looks similar to what I have seen on other special order trim tags.

The Chevelle Stuff site has a bunch of 65 Chevelle trim tags to compare including Z-16 which has a 5Y for custom delux rear seat belts , there is a 5, 5W, 5O but no 5F.

http://chevellestuff.net/1965/chevel...s/65-kan-2.htm
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to JoeC For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (11-23-2021)