View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
OK, assuming it isn't a flat lobe, are the plug wires on correctly ? Many people get #5 and 7 crossed when all the wires are off at the same time. On that line of thought, are the plug wires all good ? Old, cracked wires can transfer to another and cause a misfire also.
Wires are new, the noise is from the passenger side. Plus, like I said, the last rocker on #8 (I'm not sure which side is intake or exhaust but I know it's the number 8 cylinder) doesn't move much while it's running, and when I checked the lifter with the rocker off, the pop was consistent with that lobe. I did check the firing order, it's correct. Unfortunately, that pretty well narrows it down. Good thing the garage at Pappaw's has a furnace because this sounds like a winter project!

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 05-31-2022 at 02:02 AM.