View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Sam Griffith's 1969 L78 Chevelle...WOW!

Thanks Bill. Finally scarfed up a copy at Borders.

Back from Chicago now and wanted to take a moment to thank some of the folks who helped me with the magazine project - you certainly can't do it alone and these folks sure were great .........

** Tyler (my son) for yr photographic and car detailing talents.
** Ed M (enio45) for yr expertise in car prep and and all the other things that go along with the photo shoot.

[Don Spiro (photographer) and his wife are to the left and Ed is in the middle, Tyler, my youngest, is on the right.]

** Steve (njsteve) for yr expertise on certain '70 B body Mopars w/ elephant engines!
** Dan Vasic (Postsedan) for your '69 Chevelle under-the-hood expertise
** Fred K and Ward G (couple local dudes) for "CZ" and "GH" underhood detail help
** Dale McIntosh (chevellestuff.com ) for yr historical statistical data

One other thing I wanted to share with you. When I got back from the airport, this was waiting for me in my inbox:

<font color="blue"> "Sam,

Just finished reading the JULY issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines for the 13th time!!!

Your article is excellent- pictures and the stories, everything in detail. Not only about the Chevelle,

but about an ultimate piece of my life,about family and friends that I am still so proud of today.

Going next week to pick up another copy. Guess what day? FRIDAY the 13th , this copy of

Hemmings Muscle Machines along with the dated sales receipt will be my personal 40th Anniversary

present.

Thank You,

Wayne "
</font>