View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Musselum Motors ( Haney Garage )

Yeah , the guy who bought it new from Musselum Garage had an incident with the 427 ( I believe it was an unrecoverable engine seizure ) . I'm glad he found it , last I heard that motor was still sitting in Mission BC , but this car had a LOT of rumors surrounding it , in its early years. Buck Kinney also owned it for 2 years , wonder if Steve knew that ?
When I bought it , it had a 396/350 HP in it , it was quite the engine , I never lost a single street race the entire time I owned it , and some clown previous to my ownership , put the SS396 emblem up front and a SS only one in the back. I guess trying to make it look flashy , I found it on a used car lot in the spring of 78 . It was only 9 years old when I bought it and it was mint , except for a little bad patch of chrome on the front bumper , which always irritated me ha . The last engine I had in the car was pretty healthy 427 , it ended prematurely as well , swallowed a valve due to a broken valve spring retainer . Wasn't pretty .
If you know Steve , I'd really love a couple of pictures of it the way it looks today , it would be greatly appreciated as the car really meant a lot to me , I just wish I'd known what it was back then lol . Sounds like its still having a great life . Appreciate the info , thanks man .

Jeff