View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 06:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Last post,June 6, a lot has happened, all with the intention of completing the last yard, more like the last mile.
What did we do?
Completed siding.
Completed Drainage
New compressor.
First the building.
In the fall I ordered all the steel and trim I needed(or thought I needed) to complete the building. with the front construction completed by the end of May it was time to install the last of the trim and sheeting.
Obstacle #1, some of the drip rail has been used inside so we were short. Ordreed up the two pieces, new pieces were not wide enough, re order, wait one more week.
Got all trim in place and started on installing the siding, many cuts needed to be made on the remaining sheets and I calculated we would finish the job with no extra sheets,wrong. On Friday July 13 ,installing the last sheet I found it was a leftover from the side and 1 inch shorter. Re order time!!!!
The guys at Dicks Lumber responded quickly and by Wednesday we had what we needed, not one sheet but two, they must have decided ,"these guys always screw up the order so lets ship an extra, we know they will need it".
Sooooooooooo, finally on Friday July 20th, the last sheet went up!!!!
Lloyd, ready to cut.

Measuring for the screw holes:

Driving the last screw.

And so we are finished the exterior of the building 2 years and 5 months after we started.

A view from the inside:

Next post will be about the drainage.
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com

Last edited by Canuck; 07-31-2018 at 06:36 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (08-01-2018), NorCam (08-01-2018), Xplantdad (07-31-2018)