View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
Wrapping up some loose ends here before MCACN and of course, creating some new ones

I decided I'd try and make a Hardtop since I think they are just stunning in "coupe" form. So, step one was to make the primeter frame and then create the structure much like a mini-body buck. I lined the top with paper to make sure the curvature was right. Basically, a bunch of photos of one and some measurements off a real one helped.

Attachment 249926

Attachment 249927

Attachment 249928

Attachment 249929

Attachment 249930

Attachment 249931

Once happy with the overall look I started forming the metal. The latching system in C2 Vette compete with guide pins too. The side windows on the real one pop out, and right now I don't know if I want to do that yet. I might wait until final assembly/ paint for that. I'm going to form the rear glass by heating acrylic to fit the shape. More on that soon!

In other news, I designed a battery topper for mine to look like the original style battery. My neighbor came through again with a better than I could hoped for final product. Really cool. I think it, he makes it so! I fitted and glued all the parts together to create a vintage style battery topped. Whaddaya think?

Attachment 249932
Attachment 249933
Attachment 249934
Attachment 249935

More to come....

Cheers
Dave
Looks good. Have you priced a Bosch Klassik Battery?

https://www.pkwteile.de/bosch/11159213