View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Thanks guys! The car originally had back-up lights. McQueen stripped the car off all things brand oriented and along with that, a few extra things were done to clean the car's image up from a factory GT. His idea was that a lowly detective didn't drive a flashy car, so along with the GT grille being removed, the rocker moldings were painted, back up lights removed, emblems, and side mirror were all removed. The side mirror he used was a smaller mirror and mounted lower on the door, as well as being painted. Two rear valances were also used: a GT and a non-GT. In addition to that, in a few scenes of the chase, the antenna was moved back to the quarter panel. It's not like I watched the chase scene ninety times or anything...

My original goal was to make it look like the hero car right now with regular side sills and side mirror. I think I may be done!

Cheers
Dave

PS: I get it Tom, but I don't want to be in fear that if I call to check on my radio, it might cause this guy to crawl into the fetal position in the corner for weeks, or go Postal on society!

Last edited by A12pilot; 05-19-2018 at 01:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
427TJ (05-20-2018)