View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,157 Times in 553 Posts
Default Where are we at now?

Aside from what I already posted, here's some other info on the car.
Body: Original body panels date stamped to line up with build date. I can't find a date stamp on driver's fender. I can't read the date stamp on the trunk lid.
Quarter gills & wheel opening trim added by owner #6 when he painted it its current black/gold stripe paint scheme. Owner #7 added the drip rail moulding. Owner #2 added the spoilers.

Interior: Original interior (including carpet) except for dash pad. Owner #7 replaced the pad (bought at GM dealership) when he removed the pedestal tach that was bolted through it.

Engine: VIN stamped 427 "942" block cast in October of 1965. Owner #6 rebuilt it to L88 specs with hyd. lifters. Said he pulled it out of an Impala SS. 840 heads, 163 intake, List 4295 GM Holley carb (factory original, not a reman). Aftermarket distributor (Accel) and alternator (Powermaster).

Transmission: CM Turbo 400 built with a reverse manual valve body by owner #6. I think this codes out to a motorhome trans! Should have a M22 Rockcrusher according to owner #2.

Rear end: original multi-leaf setup with vintage Lakewood traction bars & driveshaft loop. PE (so close, but yet so far!) code 10 bolt posi. Owner #8 (the guy I bought the car from) didn't like the 4.10 unit so he swapped a guy for this rear. Keep in mind, this guy drove the car a total of 3,500 miles in 35 years! Why on earth would you feel compelled to swap out the rear for drivability! I do have a lead on where it went, but it's a weak lead, we'll see.
Here's some photos of seats and door panels. Enjoy!
Attached Images