View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 01:59 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,775 Times in 752 Posts

Lastly - when I bought the correct starter for it I also bought a correctly (or more correctly) dated water pump. We've been having issues with rusty anti-freeze/water mix even after draining and refilling the radiator 2x yearly since we installed the new motor 4 years ago. While I had the radiator drained to install the new water pump I thought it a good time to replace the thermostat (I should have known that Dad had a spare AC Delco one in his stash) and drain the block (easy to do on the starter side when the exhaust manifold and starter are removed - not so much on the driver's side) to try and get most of the rusty stuff out of the system. Last summer I also installed a new fan clutch on a correct fan sourced from Verne Frantz a few years back (I miss Verne). Ran out of time this afternoon and didn't get the belts adjusted or the system re-filled or tested today but will get to that in couple weeks - all the hard stuff is done.
Attached Images

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
67since67 (02-18-2024), dykstra (02-18-2024), olredalert (02-18-2024), Tenney (02-18-2024)