Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 AM

Default 1972 Motion Camaro- we have documentation!

Some of you may have already seen the Info/History request thread started in this forum back in November of 2007. Well, Scott is about to commence restoration of his '72 MOTION Camaro! He recently acquired documentation verifying the history! I have updated the pics site http://kh2pm.dynip.com/motion as well.

Basically, it started out as a Mulsanne blue 1972 Z-28, sold through Park Chevrolet of Asbury Park, NJ. Sent directly to Motion Performance for the Phase III treatment, and delivered to it's first owner in North Carolina. The paper trail Scott has shows it has been through a few owners over the years, but has always been a NC car.

I actually test drove this very Motion Camaro when it was advertised in the local Raleigh News & Observer in the early 80's. It had the MOTION emblems, fiberglass hood, Big-Block, reverse-valvebody TH400 and 12-bolt rear axle. I wrote down the VIN, engine numbers, etc..everything I could note. Didn't buy it (bought a 1970 1/2 Z-28 that I had for 12 years instead). I came upon the paper with the Motion VIN and other info on it in a box of car magazines a few years ago, and Scott tracked the Motion down, still in NC and bought it.
So here begins the restoration and photo documentation. Scott wants to restore it so it's how it would have been when it left Joel's Motion Performance. He will need NOS/retro original GM and MOTION parts, so if anyone has anything, contact Scott 'vipergts' here on this forum.

Check it out!

http://kh2pm.dynip.com/motion

Chris
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...