Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-17-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
For which we Pontiac enthusiast are very grateful.

K
Yes we are I have it for my bird and my mustang. As far as the Z goes, the data plate tells all, I don't necessarily need the paperwork to tell me what it is.
Technically the bird and mustang can also be deciphered and identified through the vin, and tags but....
Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 PM

I have the fisher broadcast sheet from my nova. Matches up nice with the cowl tag. But I guess I could assume that maybe the backseat was changed? I don't have the PoP for it. Just this sheet.

I will reconsider displaying it at shows.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 PM

Doc rebuild was never one to mince words....http://www.docrebuild.com/curr-evnt/...events-89.html

No Fisher priced toys here
The Following User Says Thank You to the427king For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 11:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

Here is a Doc Rebuild story where he accuses others including me of changing a Bloomington Gold Certificate from silver to gold. This was a 68 L89 Vette I owned and then Tim Gilmore owned. It in real life had a real Gold Certificate and was shown in the Bloomington coverage issue of Vette Vues show the list of gold winners including this car. How it scored silver on the judging sheets but awarded gold I have no idea but I'm sure nobody faked anything. I even called Doc and spoke to him but he never mentions that.

http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/C...Events-24.html
Old 05-18-2018, 03:24 AM

But he did list you as a "celebrity" owner.....

No Fisher priced toys here
Old 05-18-2018, 11:56 AM

that ebay seller he refers to is out of business I believe. Used to have a website too, which is no more. I thought his documentation package cost more than that. He was even making cowl tags. He reproduced so many of the paper items found with the owners manual. I could always point out his work. He would add extra rubber ink stamps to the documents/warranty books he made and sold. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Like stamping the OK Used Car logo in the warranty book. Why would a brand new car have any OK Used Car stuff with it! haha

Then there was Bill Clement? down in TX. He was selling repro warranty books as NOS claiming they were simply consigning them for someone else and "we think they are real". He was asking several hundred a piece and people were buying them! Did the same thing for blank window sticker forms.
mr 707 (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM

With the releasing of the ncrs documenti i bet owners with those fake pops were sent scrambling.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:37 PM

Bob[/QUOTE
There MUST be a Window Sticker attached to the car real or repro or points will be deducted at Bloomington Gold and NCRS judged events
Bill[/QUOTE]

Simply not true, NCRS does not allow a window sticker to be displayed unless it has been validated by their service, they assign no points to any paperwork and never have.

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com

Last edited by rsinor; 05-21-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:06 AM

Default National Corvette Museum is misinformed:

They need to change the verbiage on their page advertising that Bloomington Gold requires a list of options, or their reproduction window sticker:

Window Sticker

Also called a Monroney Label, this is the sticker that is affixed to a new car when it is delivered to the consumer. A law was passed by Congress in 1958 requiring all automobile manufacturers to affix a price label to all new automobiles showing Manufacturers Suggested Retail Prices for a vehicle and all options installed at the factory. This law was proposed by Senator John Monroney, and was to begin with new 1959 models.

If your car is a show car, this informational piece is a must! Some car shows such as Bloomington Gold require you to have a list of options on the car. What better way than a reproduction of the window sticker? If you are ordering a reproduction window sticker, you must order the build sheet at the same time.

Here is the link to their page:
https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn...ndow-stickers/

Paul
Old 05-23-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
They need to change the verbiage on their page advertising that Bloomington Gold requires a list of options, or their reproduction window sticker:

Window Sticker

Also called a Monroney Label, this is the sticker that is affixed to a new car when it is delivered to the consumer. A law was passed by Congress in 1958 requiring all automobile manufacturers to affix a price label to all new automobiles showing Manufacturers Suggested Retail Prices for a vehicle and all options installed at the factory. This law was proposed by Senator John Monroney, and was to begin with new 1959 models.

If your car is a show car, this informational piece is a must! Some car shows such as Bloomington Gold require you to have a list of options on the car. What better way than a reproduction of the window sticker? If you are ordering a reproduction window sticker, you must order the build sheet at the same time.

Here is the link to their page:
https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn...ndow-stickers/

Paul
This link is to the National Corvette Museum who can reproduce the original window sticker and build sheet for every bowling green built Corvette they are not figments of the imagination but the real document reproduced. No different than Marti Report and PHS. Their is a difference when you create a document from the air rather than produce a document from actual historical records from the manufacturer.

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsinor For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (05-24-2018), the427king (05-23-2018)