Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-11-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Yenko Deuce For Sale

Clint69 Has a Fathom Blue Deuce for sale on the "Other" site. I am aware that is a touchy issue, if interested in the car Email or PM me if you havent seen it and I can direct you to the ad.
Motown
Old 02-11-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Yenko Deuce For Sale

Clint69 as in the same clint69 that tried to slam me over there?? I do have a question though, why doesnt he post his car for sale here since I beleive he still is a member.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:55 PM

Jeff,
I dont know anything about the politics, I just thought that as few of these that come on the market the guys here might like a shot at it.
Motown
Old 02-11-2004, 08:04 PM

Matt, I know and you are right about how few that do come out for sale, Hope it does sell and I also hope that he relizes it most likely will be someone from here that buys it and thus I would like to think he would hit that paypal icon and donate something to the sYc.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:14 PM

just saw this on another site,not sure if its the same one or not:

Reply to: Please contact owner for contact info

would like to see a pic although I can't afford one!
71 malibu (basket case)
Old 02-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I was as surprised as anyone when I heard/saw that Clint was selling this Deuce! After spending a few weeks helping him acquire it, and offering to trade some parts to him to bring it up to par - I see it's now without an engine/trans and for sale! Not to mention that the price went up more than $10k, and, the engine & trans have been removed. Don't know why he didn't advertise himself, Yenko's sell themselves - even this one which I verified for the previous owner via my calculations since we don't have any paperwork on it.

It really makes me wonder why I do what I do, I can truly see Vince's point

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 02-11-2004, 08:39 PM

What is the web site address? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:34 PM

I have no problem with most of the people over here. The reason that I have not posted the car for sale over here is because I am still on the "outs" with a couple of folks. The whole Yenko on Ebay thread really ticked me off and Jeff, you were part of the aftermath. I have made ammends with most of the folks that I offended in that thread and some of my comments were unfounded especially after speaking with some folks off-line about the situation. I never want to get involved in something like that again. I have met all of my friends in the Supercar hobby through this site and the other site and my intention is not to bash this site. Tom, Rob, Jeff and others,I apologize.
Unfortunately, I am once again back in the lime light. I do not want to start any problems, so I will not engage in any controversey. I do have a couple of questions though. Matt, why would you post the ad over here knowing that it would have a high propensity of getting deleted? You have taken an obvious stand against the other site and posting information from the other site is sure to stir up crap. I really have to question your motives. Marlin, you and I have had a great relationship since I have been involved in this hobby but I think that your post is out of line. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because you did tell Ken to speak with me about the car. You even helped drive the price down and I appreciate your help. My point is, it is nobody's business what I paid for the car, what I stand to gain on the car of anything else for that matter. The fact is, it is my car and I can do whatever I please, period. I owe nobody an explaination as to why I am selling the car. The fact is, before you post, you should never assume that you know ones reason for selling. Think about it. Please do not take this out of context as I can hope to continue a good relationship going forward. But if you call me out again without giving me the courtesy of picking up the phone or sending me a PM, we will have a problem. I had not intention of selling this car for a gain when I got it. On a final note, I can not help but thing that some of the reason that I continue to get called to the mat is because of my other affilations i.e. Tim and Dave. I like those guys as I like many others over here. They have helped me greatly to expand my knowledge of this hobby. If people want to judge me because those guys are my friends, fine, do so. But please do not drag me into these types of things with your hidden agenda. I just want to stay neutral and enjoy the friends that I have made in the hobby. I do not wan't to argue, bicker, fight or anything else regading this or any other matter. If anybody would like to see the car, send me a PM. The car does come with a trans and the rear. Also, I have located the original heads, cam, trans, shifter and a CE block that was in the car that a previous owner pulled out. The extra stuff would be an additional $700, which is a good deal.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Clint,
I just feel a little used, that's all, I'm a big boy so I'll get over it. It's just seems to happen over and over, and it gets old. If I help someone get a Deuce, it's nice to see them keep it. I could flip more of these things than anyone if I wanted to, but I like to see guys get themselves a Deuce, not just make money on my leads and advice. I didn't venture as to why you are selling it, I trust you that it's for a good reason and that you didn't buy it with the initial intention of flipping it.
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 02-11-2004, 10:49 PM

Clint,
I really could care less about all the BS going on between different groups of people involved in this hobby. My only motive was to let the people who may want a Deuce who dont know about or go to the other site to have a shot at it. I was not involved in the fiasco that went on with the Ebay thing and I dont have a opinion one way or the other about it. As for your Deuce, you bought the car and you have a right to do whatever you want with it, sell it, keep it or whatever, it is your car to do with as you please and nobody should second guess your actions with it. I dont see what the problem is with posting a reference to your car being for sale here, as you said you have a lot of friends on this board, all I was doing was making sure any interested parties knew about it. Whatever you may believe about any problems I have had on other boards, I can assure you that you have only heard one biased side of the story, but that has nothing to do with trying to do a seller and buyer a favor in bringing them together on the sale of a car. I have never had any disagreement with you so I really cant understand why you would question my motives other then the fact yhat you have possibly been fed a line of crap by some whiners.
Motown