Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2022, 08:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thx Mark. I am going to have to do a bit more digging. I know I can register it in Saskatchewan with the BOS but no registration from the province it was imported into because I had to present the BOS to permit the car. However, in SK, permitting the car does not trigger paying the provincial tax bill.

Also, over the years, I have bought several cars that had been parked for a long time (the last one was a '65 Mustang that had been parked since 1980) without any record of previous registration and all I had to do was present the Bill of Sale.

That said, the previous car that I exported a few years ago was registered at the time so that is why I called Homeland Security about the L-78. I explained the reason for not having a registration and was told that the Bill of Sale and previous title was sufficient to export the car back to the US. I didn't ask Homeland Security anything about titling a car in various states as I figured that was not their jurisdiction.

I am going to double check before I end up in a situation like you describe where I sell the car, and then have the buyer unable to title it in their home state unless I register it here first. The other option is just register it and add the cost to the price but I'd rather not and save a buyer some money, if possible. If I end up keeping it, I do plan on registering it eventually so I can drive it a bit more.

I appreciate the information.
Oliver

Tags
camaro, ls6, matching, original, ss454