The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Car seller won't honor his ebay auction (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135824)

bbbentley 01-19-2016 09:24 PM

Re: Car seller won't honor his ebay auction

School of Hard Knocks tuition VS.Good deals, I think I am about even [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cry.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/sick.gif[/img]...still a bunch of good guys in the hobby.

olredalert 01-19-2016 09:29 PM

----Lynn,,,You may have already thought of this, but go to your bank and open a new account with the minimum deposit and give the guy those numbers. Close the account the minute the money shows up. You may want to involve an officer at the bank about this. I have done this and it worked for me!!!......Bill S

Jim_Hauls 01-20-2016 02:07 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

I bought a car on a no reserve ebay auction fair and square and the seller backed out of the sale. He also cancelled his Pay Pal account so I couldn’t pay him. I’ve asked him for his mail address and he won’t respond. We did correspond through ebay numerous times during the auction. He still has the car, he thought it was worth more. I don’t know if I want to pursue this, but I’m wondering what my options are.

</div></div>

Why would you want to pursue this ?

Nothing is bought until it is paid for.

People change their mind about selling cars - about who they marry ...

Move on .... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jim [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif[/img]

Mr. Chevy 01-20-2016 02:43 AM

The seller should have put a RESERVE on the auction.. But that is part of what is called &quot;wanting his cake and eating it too&quot;. I'm sure he didn't want a reserve to scare off potential buyers, but then when things didn't go the seller's way he wanted to back out... Just a bunch of [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img]

Rich

enio45 01-20-2016 03:44 AM

print his name, info and ID so we are aware!

TimG 01-20-2016 02:08 PM

Jim,

Thousands of cars will go through auctions within the next two weeks in Florida and Arizona. When the gavel comes down and you buy/sell a car, try to get out of it even though money has not changed hands.

Mr70 01-20-2016 02:20 PM

That's different Tim because those auction houses hold the cars &amp; the paperwork for those cars in their hands,that they're selling for their sellers at that short window in time underneath their tent.And have permission to access private financial information about the buyer/seller too,so basically have both buyer &amp; seller by the balls financially.
eBay,although global wide,is far away from both buyer &amp; seller &amp; the auction item,as well as sells 24/7,so they can't physically pursue every single far away buyer &amp; seller who won't follow through 24/7.
All eBay really sells,is time...

TimG 01-20-2016 02:37 PM

So it appears there's little or no recourse with an ebay auction aside from a sellers integrity.

That's a shame.

Mr70 01-20-2016 02:38 PM

I completely agree with you.

MosportGreen66 01-20-2016 02:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it appears there's little or no recourse with an ebay auction aside from a sellers integrity.

That's a shame.
</div></div>

They won't even kick him off ebay?