The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Garages/shops.. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Shop (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172165)

COPO 06-18-2022 06:34 AM

Wow nice work. A shame you had to go back and fix all of the rebar work from the concrete guys, but the old saying if you want something done right, do it yourself seems to apply in this case.

Should be a great shop once completed. congrats

SuperNovaSS 06-20-2022 05:29 AM

Looks great Danny! I remember talking shops with you a couple years ago. I’m hoping to get final inspection on mine this coming week.

It looks like your building frame is all welded construction, is that the case?

Jason

Lynn 06-20-2022 01:59 PM

Very nice. Probably what I should have done instead of rehabbing a 100+ year old coal warehouse.

x77-69z28 06-20-2022 03:16 PM

Looks great Danny! Mine should be breaking ground in a couple of weeks! I went with a Morton 42X48. I recently downsized from two houses to one and lost a 2 car garage!
Buddy

flyingn 06-20-2022 07:03 PM

looks beautiful..

dykstra 06-21-2022 11:36 AM

Very cool!!!!

dannystarr 06-21-2022 09:48 PM

Steel pictures

3 Attachment(s)
Thanx guys excited to get a sense of completion. Need to do all the electrical, I will do it all myself, except the tie-in to the meter at the pole. Having an electrician do that. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Then spray-in insulation. Then I think I am going to plywood the entire back wall. So if ya want to hang something up ANYWHERE, there will be wood. Maybe paint it an off white, light color, not brite white. Neon lights, shelving etc. on that back wall will be much easier.
I designed the building with NO sky Lights or windows. That's why they make light fixtures. Another access for crooks. I know if they want in, they are in, but why make it a little easier.
Jason,
Yes this is an all steel building. We sunk in the steel plates as the pour set-up, and leveled them both directions. I beams get welded to those. 9" I beams, purlins etc. all steel. 26 Gauge siding. They did a nice job. They ended up nailing a 2 X 2 all around the edges except at concrete openings. Then after stripping forms, there is a little step there. This allowed the siding to drop down an 1-1/2" onto the little step. Helps with vermin etc. I can see light, so I will caulk it with good exterior window mastic all the way around on the inside. Then when they spray insulation, it will lock it in well. They spent 2 days on brackets, and cutting angles for the top roof gable supports. And welding the prefab. Then it all went up in a couple days. You can see in the picture the little angled supports that the top beams sit on, on both sides on the inside. They could have left those alone. But they beat them up with a single jack and welding them up also. This building is very strong. Danny

dannystarr 06-21-2022 09:51 PM

more

2 Attachment(s)
more

dannystarr 06-21-2022 09:55 PM

more

3 Attachment(s)
last ones First Picture shows the support that they beat up and welded. I was going to assemble/weld it up myself, as I was certified in welding years ago during my metal trades apprenticeship, also medical gas brazing for oxygen lines in hospitals. But it has been TOO long. Danny

Lynn 06-21-2022 10:44 PM

One of my biggest expenses was the electrical. Had to have it permitted, and had no choice but to use a pro. He did a great job, and took it on as a side job, so I just paid for materials and then paid him cash by the hour.