The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   What to do with your old MAGAZINES (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173612)

downunder1 11-06-2022 06:12 PM

I have kept all my magazines, I still have some that I bought in the mid-sixties.
I also still have a few new car sales brochures that I collected in the sixties and early seventies. It wasn't easy getting them sent down here to New Zealand back then, I would write letters to the big three in Detroit and they would always send me some brochures with their new models. It was very exciting for a young teenager back then waiting for them to arrive.

CamarosRus 11-06-2022 07:47 PM

I'll check with my VFW friend who has many VA contacts at the SEATTLE Hospital...But I would have thought that magazine publishers flood the VA Hospitals with FREE magazines ?????

PeteLeathersac 11-06-2022 08:23 PM

'

Covid cleanliness did away w/ magazines at Hospitals also waiting rooms for most anything so best confirm specific facility policies before dropping good stuff off anywhere.
MCACN seems a good place to bring modest amounts to share w/ fellow members also others if someone willing w/ booth space?:hmmm:
Gotta mention how Steve's been doing an awesome job posting interesting old mag articles lately, thanks Steve!:headbang:
:beers:
~ Pete

carnut4life 11-06-2022 11:08 PM

I've got thousands of car magazines from the early 60's on up that I've been collecting since I was 13 and I'll never get rid of them. I get just as big a kick going through them as I do driving my old cars so the kids can donate or sell them when I'm gone. They take up a lot of space but I keep them in labeled clear plastic totes in my utility room so they're out of everyone else's way at least.

Teddy 11-07-2022 12:16 AM

I went though my old car magazines when selling my folks' house a few years ago. I recognized a '69 Chevelle owned by a member here in an article in Muscle Car Review. Sent him a PM and sent the magazine off to him. You never know.

CamarosRus 11-07-2022 12:24 AM

I will not be attending the 2022 MCACN show, so wont be dragging an extra "suitcase" full of magazines...........

1969L89 11-07-2022 01:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Boat anchors. I tossed 10,000 a few years ago, have 10,000 more. Read all cover to cover.

L72copocamaro 11-07-2022 03:51 AM

Some great suggestions. Wish I had thought of them at the time.

169indy 11-07-2022 07:53 AM

Vintage Auto Mags Dispositions

Interesting Topic.
I can relate as a Magazine subscriber.
Also as a survivor of a Father that had Years of Vintage Car, Truck and Gasoline engine Mags.
When it did come time (2005) to resolve my Dads paper collections I could NOT just recycle the lot. I sought out like minded Old Timer Friends of his and donated them to their homes-shops and garages. Titles like, Skinned Knuckles, Earlyday Gas Engines, American Truck Wheels of Time, Cars & Parts, HET; Hudson Essex Terraplane Etc. (Titles from memory and may be very inaccurately quoted) It has taken Years to distribute them. I found the Vendors at Swap meets were less than receptive. So Efforts to locate Folks from His Vintage Car club have been my chosen path.

I wonder Where my decades of USCC Camaro Enthusiast and Camaro Corral mags will end up in the long run

SMS 11-07-2022 03:22 PM

I am member 1030 in the NCRS. Thus I have every contiguous Driveline and Corvette Restorer issue since 1974. I know the pool of anyone interested in those someday is extremely small, but I can't help myself from renewing every year to keep the run alive.