The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   63 Corvette Coupe 13K Original Miles (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177002)

napa68 10-25-2023 02:40 PM

My Dad has a saying......

"Old cars, old buildings, and old women all require some work from time to time":wink:

Looking great Nick!

Jonesy 10-25-2023 03:18 PM

Radiators, waterpumps and heater cores have always seemed to haunt me on low mileage cars that I have owned. I think almost every car I have now has had all three of those components done. Just the way it seems to go.

My eyes are on that Jeep you have :D Looks really nice!

SupremeDeluxe 10-25-2023 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1635356)
My Dad has a saying......

"Old cars, old buildings, and old women all require some work from time to time":wink:

Looking great Nick!

Ha! My old man used to say, "If it has t!ts or tires, you will have problems."

Crush 10-25-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe (Post 1634462)
Thanks for noticing. I keep trying to forget we have that. It's actually my wife's--purchased on BAT using my account while I was at work. I've tried to sell it off a few times, but she keeps thwarting my efforts.

It's kind of grown on me over the summer. I have a 6 mile in-town commute, and it's well-suited to daily use. Very loaded Jeep with the luxury carpet option, 5-speed, cruise, tilt. Also has dealer added A/C which is ice cold. Paint and decals original, except one door and the tailgate have been painted.

Had a CJ in HS. Living in a rural area it allowed me and my buddies a lot of off road escapades. I beat the tar out of it and it kept going!
I own a low mileage TJ Rubicon now that I enjoy on nice days! Makes a great convertible !

Sorry for hijack, now back to the regular scheduled program!

SupremeDeluxe 10-25-2023 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 1635374)
Had a CJ in HS. Living in a rural area it allowed me and my buddies a lot of off road escapades. I beat the tar out of it and it kept going!
I own a low mileage TJ Rubicon now that I enjoy on nice days! Makes a great convertible !

Sorry for hijack, now back to the regular scheduled program!

Not a hijack at all. I had a LJ Rubicon for awhile--good daily driver for my short commute. Had a soft top only, which made it more enjoyable. I've never taken the top off the CJ. Next summer, maybe.

turbo69bird 10-26-2023 05:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe (Post 1635378)
Not a hijack at all. I had a LJ Rubicon for awhile--good daily driver for my short commute. Had a soft top only, which made it more enjoyable. I've never taken the top off the CJ. Next summer, maybe.

I had 2 cj5s one on 38.5s 14 inches of lift SBC and one on 35s w 304. I built a pulley system to lift the top off. I did that once on each jeep and never did it again always a soft top usually a bikini top. Both had full cages. I went to look at a 76 304 last week w 33s but it was gone before I got there. Loved my jeeps. Yeah she got a lot of hard use! That’s what it was there for right.
Lousy pic of the big boy but it’s all I have it would do the best wheelies! Dark Teal green w black flames was such a bad ass ride for an 18 year old. When I first got it I had 33s w 6 popper , the 38-5s w this much lift was kinda too big for anything but mud and street put it on its side in the woods a few times.

Sorry couldn’t resist the jeep talk.
Apologies.

SupremeDeluxe 10-26-2023 11:28 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I don't mind talking about Jeeps, at all.

Since there are some Jeep fans, here are some more pics of the wife's CJ-7. It's a fairly loaded Jeep and a lifelong California desert Jeep--has the extended carpet package (in garnet), 5-speed, tilt, cruise, the chrome wheels, and dealer-added air that is polar cold. Original owner had it until 2019, then it got passed around among a few collectors and sold through Barrett Jackson a couple years ago. It is as close to a zero-rust original CJ-7 as there is--I was in the doors recently cleaning up the window regulators, and it looks like it was manufactured last week. Same for under the carpeting. The reason I ended up with this is because her father had one in the exact same color and trim when she was a kid. Plowing snow commercially with Jeeps was apparently a thing in Wisconsin back then, and he had a fleet of CJ's for some specific snow removal use--the Renegade was her father's personal plow Jeep.

I was hoping/expecting it would be just another wife request fulfilled at great expense, and she'd be over it, but she wants to keep it. I tried to sell it twice so I can have more room (I have 6 cars and can have only 2-3 at home), and was thwarted both times.

Besides being into 63 Corvettes, I am into air cooled 356s and 911s, and old trucks. The K10 is more my style.

jer 10-26-2023 01:53 PM

Where's that hats off emoje? Love them all and you've got 3, at least, rides that take you on totally different places and they're all stunning.
Little bias here, I've got a '66 L72 vette, a '73 454 square body and a '70 CJ5, and they're all keepers for me.

turbo69bird 10-27-2023 10:23 AM

Gotta wonder if that little jeeps ever been out to competition hill or Oldsmobile hill in glamis being a desert jeep. I spent some great times out there in brawley inn, el Centro boardmanville ! Great place for cr500s and 250rs

SupremeDeluxe 10-27-2023 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo69bird (Post 1635519)
Gotta wonder if that little jeeps ever been out to competition hill or Oldsmobile hill in glamis being a desert jeep. I spent some great times out there in brawley inn, el Centro boardmanville ! Great place for cr500s and 250rs

No real idea on the history, but it looks very stock and unabused to me so I tend to think it was a pavement princess. The reason I know much of the history is that a guy reached-out to us on Facebook and told us he used to own it. I told my wife to be careful engaging (I hate FB), but it turned-out he was the person who bought it from the nephew of the original owner. He filled in a lot of blanks. Ultra-knowledgeable guy with a massive fleet of Jeeps and early Broncos. Something like that never happens with a 63 Corvette.