The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Car seller won't honor his ebay auction (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135824)

TimG 01-20-2016 04:12 PM

Re: Car seller won't honor his ebay auction

Probably so, I provided feedback and ebay knows he bailed.

Stefano 01-20-2016 04:55 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it appears there's little or no recourse with an ebay auction aside from a sellers integrity.

That's a shame.
</div></div>

The scenario sucks, no doubt.

TimG 01-20-2016 05:23 PM

It makes dealing with guys like Stefano all that much better. Yes, we've worked together on cars and the deal is done even without money changing hands.

Mr70 01-20-2016 05:32 PM

Stefano should buy eBay. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]

DW31S 01-20-2016 06:26 PM

Not all car dealers (not sure if the seller is/was a dealer or not) are bad. The buyer here does have legal recourse in
some states, but attorney fees and the time and aggravation probably would likely outweigh what could/would be awarded. Like Stefano, I make many car purchases/sales with my word and handshake. Had the seller been honest and and admitted his mistake (sounds like he made more than one in this transaction) an amicable solution could have been figured out. Deception is an art and I want no parts of it, but some make a living at it. I'd say to fight for your $1500.00 and forget about it.

TimG 01-20-2016 07:22 PM

I bought a Harley 48 two years ago from a Dallas dealer the week after Christmas, it was an ebay transaction. No reserve auction and the guy sold the bike way under value. He let me know if I wanted out, he would not hold me to the auction. I drove to Dallas and picked up the bike, gave him a cashiers check and we gave each other good feedback. He could have told me to take a hike and relisted at a better time, but he honored the auction.

GTO_DON 01-20-2016 07:36 PM

I know of lots of people over the years that did t honor their deal. Usually you are banned from buying or selling anymore but that's about it. Sorry it didn't work out for you Tim but you can't make anyone sell their car at the end of the day. Trust me I know first hand.

earntaz 01-20-2016 09:34 PM

I think it goes without saying there are more GOOD people in our classic car world than BAD -- but that does not negate &quot;Buyer Beware&quot; ... that's what really sucks about dealing with a$$-holes. TAZ