The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Help with Trans Am in Detroit (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165727)

RamAirBirds 02-15-2021 01:17 PM

The Red 67 Bird is SOLD...Thats what I was there for...Couldn't believe what i was seeing. Took me about 5 minutes after being there to know i was buying it...It is exactly what we all thought / hoped...It is 100% correct...87k original miles...2nd owner...bought from original owners Daughter in 95.....Original Dealership was Jim Causley in Detroit...
Good Story, Great Car...It goes into the collection...Deserves to stay the way it is....with a proper paint restoration...
When in hand will post more details if anyone is interested...
Ross

RamAirBirds 02-15-2021 01:25 PM

BTW...It HAS been re-painted the original Regimental Red back in late 70's...It appears to be an enamel...looks like it could clean up well...Car is Rust Free...
Also the original owner bumped into person in front of him at a traffic light in New York when only a few years old...Had bumper replaced at Dealer....Picked it up and.... NO EMBLEM on front...He didn't mind...Like we would today...Those bumpers over the counter were never drilled for emblems so.....
Thats the only thing...I luckily still have a 67/68 NOS arrowhead so....that will have to be made proper...

southernfriedcj 02-15-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamAirBirds (Post 1537159)
The Red 67 Bird is SOLD...Thats what I was there for...Couldn't believe what i was seeing. Took me about 5 minutes after being there to know i was buying it...It is exactly what we all thought / hoped...It is 100% correct...87k original miles...2nd owner...bought from original owners Daughter in 95.....Original Dealership was Jim Causley in Detroit...
Good Story, Great Car...It goes into the collection...Deserves to stay the way it is....with a proper paint restoration...
Ross

Good deal.

It seemed like a great deal. Happy to see that it was.

olredalert 02-15-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamAirBirds (Post 1537159)
Ross

----Happy for you. Sounds like a really nice Bird. 1st. time I saw the picture I thought how nice it would look with pinstripe white walls......Bill S

RamAirBirds 02-15-2021 08:33 PM

drdave69....That 73 Formula you are discussing with Matt (Orange) is one special car...The sheet metal is all original...A fine car for sure...Just putting my 2c in.....