The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Feedback on this 69Z (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116463)

foster 01-16-2012 01:29 AM

Re: Feedback on this 69Z

hi guys lets get real, just say we were all there when these z28,s where build on the line they where a lot of changes on codes & dates, plus numbered booster,s!!!!!!! wow, i been around these 68-69 z28,s in 1970- stop picking please.

jannes_z-28 01-16-2012 08:30 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bronze z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi guys lets get real, just say we were all there when these z28,s where build on the line they where a lot of changes on codes &amp; dates, plus numbered booster,s!!!!!!! wow, i been around these 68-69 z28,s in 1970- stop picking please. </div></div>

Reason for picking on cars like this is because when the pricetag is $69.000 you want to be sure it is the real thing, too many people have been scammed to pay to much for a car that isn't what it is advertised as.

For this kind of money it has to be correct and well restored in to the small details.

Jan

enio45 01-16-2012 05:10 PM

Guys, thanks for the input on the car. I think we all agree, its a good looking car, has a few issues or concerns that is inconsistent with the price and claims. Obviously the best approach is to look at in person with a very knowlegable person and make your own conclusion, and negotiation based on what you find.

My buddy thanks everyone for their constructive input and good luck to the owner of the car.

black69 01-16-2012 10:03 PM

I would not be afraid to track down the original owner on the protecto plate and ask what you can.
I took a few seconds and think he is still around
born 1951, middle name is force
dallas-richardson area

look for a date on the hood, that would be a plus if its a real ZL1 hood car, the odds are low on that.

talwell 01-17-2012 04:08 AM

I think the general consensus on the car is that it is not without issues and questions. Any car with such a pricetag should be void of these issues.

If you are considering a budget in the price range of this car, do yourself a favor and explore your options. Although tough to find a survivor or properly restored car, they are out there and can be found. Have patience and ask questions just like you did.

Also on another note, if you are considering a car for investment and do not have a personal preference towards green, try to pick another color as &quot;no sale&quot; green can be a little challenging to resell.

Good luck - we look forward to seeing your finds.