The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Day 2 stuff-modified cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   The Start of Project "Ratty Rat's" Metamorphis (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148678)

big gear head 04-13-2019 04:01 AM

It's going to be a very cool car. I love the TR2X and Motion valve covers. Will it be ready for SCR22?

ZLP955 04-13-2019 04:31 AM

Looks great! I think the hood done in black would really suit the car.

R68GTO 04-13-2019 09:09 AM

Here's something to consider on the hood.....replace the two stripes with a single black stripe down the center the same width as that Grump Lump. Call it an homage to Nuge's DY COPO:wink:
Very creative on that stolen DH emblem idea- I love it! Just take a screwdriver and add a couple of pry mark scratches, treat with saltwater to rust them, and it will be really Ratty Rat legit:biggthumpup:

Bernhard 04-14-2019 03:06 PM

Nice

bbbentley 04-15-2019 01:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made my own accurate Posi trunk labels on the correct paper as the originals. That meant that it was glued on with adhesive and not a decal / sticker per se. A little care in showing no care (crooked and wrinkled) and some soiling, age, and lettering worn off, and here is the result

HawkX66 04-15-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbentley (Post 1443924)
I made my own accurate Posi trunk labels on the correct paper as the originals. That meant that it was glued on with adhesive and not a decal / sticker per se. A little care in showing no care (crooked and wrinkled) and some soiling, age, and lettering worn off, and here is the result

Looks great Bentley. Mine was pretty flat, but it basically turned to dust after I left it in my center console for a few years. It had just about fallen off and I was trying to protect it... I'll have to follow your lead when I finally get around to painting my car. Until then it's great ripping around in a primer grey 69 big block!

ZLP955 04-15-2019 09:58 PM

That posi label looks great Bentley! More hidden talents being revealed.......

x33rs 04-15-2019 11:11 PM

Hey Bentley,
Bill just told me about this so I had to check it out. Had no idea, maybe I should fish around on the site more often, lol.

I remember this car back in the 80's. Used to see it sitting outside around White Oak and Merwin 10 Mile. I drove past there all the time when I lived on Lewis. My time frame might be rusty, maybe late 70's?? LOL

I think it's fantastic you're blowing the moth balls off this stuff and doing something with it after all these years. :biggthumpup:

markinnaples 04-17-2019 02:52 PM

Are you leaving the 4 inch cowl hood on the car?

bbbentley 04-17-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markinnaples (Post 1444188)
Are you leaving the 4 inch cowl hood on the car?

Mark, not a 4” hood. I would not put such a hideous looking thing on my car. It is a 3” and looks (to most) like a factory 2”. Can’t say I have seen another, at least offered by any manufacturer in recent times. I am open to suggestions. I kinda figure I’ll use what I have. I do have a couple of factory steel cowl hoods, I guess I could cut one of those up? I would love to have something “cooler”. No one has offered anything, yet. I do, also, have a flat fiberglass hood. Thanks for your keen eye catching that little deviation from accuracy.

Flying Undertaker 05-12-2019 04:11 PM

The Start of Project "Ratty Rat's" Metamorphis

Bentley: I see your trunk lid had holes for a spoiler. How about a flat black painted spoiler put back on it to match the flat black hood? That would take care of the missing Yenko emblem! Definitely a ratty Day 2 Mod! Don.

bbbentley 05-12-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Undertaker (Post 1447288)
Bentley: I see your trunk lid had holes for a spoiler. How about a flat black painted spoiler put back on it to match the flat black hood? That would take care of the missing Yenko emblem! Definitely a ratty Day 2 Mod! Don.

Thanks Don. Yeah, those holes on the lid were a sin from the past that I did in my 20s. In fact, every 69 I had, I put spoilers and ducted hood on. Guess I was a trend setter back then (not!), as everyone today does the same mods? Nah, I have to be different, well, at least no spoiler, that is. If I can get another one of my nicer lids painted, I would use that. But too much nice painted panels is not “Ratty”? I’m not a painter and I have not decided what I will do with hood and roof, except, they won’t be staying the way they are.