The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   The BMW 507 Ultimate Build Thread!!! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149475)

markinnaples 01-30-2019 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the Bimmer lesson. Now, when you have a few minutes come over and help me resolve the 108th problem I've had with my 545i so I can sell it with a clear conscience.

A12pilot 01-30-2019 03:28 PM

Are you kidding? After owning 3 Z3s, a 528i, and three 3 series, I ain’t smart enough to mess with (fix)....or probably won't own again...any new BMWs. Never own them out of warranty. Nice looking car though, Mark. Sorry you’re having issues with it. Will that be the chariot that picks me up at the airport when I get to Ft. Myers??:3gears:

Cheers
Dave

Billohio 01-30-2019 03:55 PM

My weekend machine is an X3. I really like it but warrantee up dec of this year. Probably trading it when I get home. Dealer is great to work with tho.

markinnaples 01-30-2019 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seriously Dave. I've replaced the Active Steering module in the steering column, did the "Bimmer Fix" to repair the coolant pipe that runs down the intake valley, replaced the thermostat, new battery, coolant level sensor, and the list goes on. Ugh, it's a beautiful car and rides and handles nicely but every time I get in the car the CEL comes on.

A12pilot 01-31-2019 12:23 PM

Man, Mark. That stinks! Takes all the fun out of any car ownership. That’s why my 507 will be all Domestic parts!:biggthumpup::hmmm: But funny thing, the only BMWs I had that gave me problems were the Z3s and they were stupid thing, but still a pain to deal with. And ironically, they are built in the US!:grin:

Cheers
Dave

earntaz 01-31-2019 01:04 PM

Had a good friend of the family who was in the Army in Germany. One of his dreams was to buy a BMW and later ship it to the states when he rotated back. The car needed all the export crap installed to get it legal be for shipment. Long story short -- car was a waste after all the mods that were required. He referred to it as a "Body Movement Wonder" ... traded it for a pickup.

A12pilot 02-13-2019 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a getting serious now! This is the first body made from a mold off the original body.
I flew out to inspect, verify details up close,
And I'm extremely pleased! I'll have mine in May. :biggthumpup::biggthumpup::smile:

I'll start fabricating up the chassis and frame construction in June, right along side restoring the Crusty Cuda (which takes priority due to a 2020 MCACN deadline :burnout:).

More updates and info to follow....goggles

.... ...and you thought this wasn't gonna happen:headbang: This thread will be more entertaining and soul cleansing than a colonoscopy!

Cheers:beers:
Dave

mockingbird812 02-13-2019 07:39 PM

This gonna be fun! You gotta be stoked Dave!!!!!

Postsedan 02-13-2019 08:28 PM

Looking forward to this German Build.....to bad the Brats in Texas Suck :-(
The kind of Brats that are soaked in real German Beer :-)

Cheers Dave

Dan

A12pilot 02-13-2019 11:27 PM

Oh, quite the contrary there, Danno! The town that about :30 minutes North of me, Granbury, has a real-deal German restaurant and the owner is from the Cologne area and imports the brats from Germany! The schnitzel, spatzle, kraut, wursts....all as authentic as can be! Come on down!:drool:

Yeah, it’ll be fun Sam! We’ll see if anyone would want to watch this build, so we’ll see if I continue the thread. Maybe an update here and there. I don’t want to bore anyone :frown:

I’ll be having the Crusty Cuda build going on shortly anyway, so that’ll be more interesting to watch and then see the results in person in 2020!:headbang:

Cheers
Dave