The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Blank Canvas: 300hp - 3spd (?) 1963 Vette! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175963)

A12pilot 12-12-2023 10:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys! Bill, good eye, not sure why there's a later grille on there, but it'll stay. Looks good!

Attachment 252441

Attachment 252442

Up next is a power disk brake conversion on the front. Drums are all new in the back, so I'll leave those there. It drives like a dream with that new transmission.

Cheers
Dave

Tracker1 12-12-2023 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sweet! Car needs period-correct wheels and tires :cool2:

Tracker1 12-12-2023 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Indy roadster wheels look great on mid-years

olredalert 12-12-2023 02:47 PM

----Dave,,,I have an extra set of Torque Thrust D's with lightly worn repop Blue Streaks that I might consider going to a good home. The TTD's are the prettiest set I have ever seen....Bill S

A12pilot 12-13-2023 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker1 (Post 1639873)
Indy roadster wheels look great on mid-years

100% agree with that! And Bill, very generous offer, but I’m going to stick with the caps for right now.:biggthumpup:

Disk brake kit on the way!

Cheers:beers:
Dave

Too Many Projects 12-13-2023 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1639928)
100% agree with that! And Bill, very generous offer, but I’m going to stick with the wheel covers for right now.:biggthumpup:

:wink:

Tracker1 12-15-2023 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas!

A12pilot 01-27-2024 10:38 AM

6 Attachment(s)
In continuation of making this Vette a sweet driver, I refreshed the brakes a few weeks ago with an upgrade that was more painful than I was anticipating. But hey, it's the aftermarket, so it can't just bolt right on! :no:

I chose a power front disk kit from Performance Online since it only moved the wheels out less than 3/4". Kit showed up, no booster, no master cylinder and a damaged caliper. How UPS could damage this thing in the box in another box is beyond me, but it happened and it happened right at the hose inlet port. Super!

Attachment 254559

They send another caliper and I inquire about the booster and master. Reponse: "Dear Maddam. We our waiting on the preformed lines from our supplier. They arrived and our being assembled and your order will ship out at the end of the week (Dec 20)." Okie dokie. So knowing this, I'll just get the front disks on since that should only take about an hour....

....... and a day since the brackets do not line up.

Attachment 254560
Attachment 254561
Attachment 254562

So as you see here, I had to cut a nice notch on the bottom of the bracket to clear the lower steering arm. A quick call to the company about this resulted in this reply: "Yes, we see this. The instructions instructed you to make this notch. Please follow them." After consulting the instructions which were pictoral only, I frantically search for this elusive note. I scan said instructions and send with one question: Please to show me the note. I need to insert a crickets sound emjoi here to justify the reply.

A week later I inquire again about these missing parts. Another runaround. A quick call to Summit Racing right down the street and in pick up my needed master cylinder, prop valve, and lines. Yet another email to the company stating disappointment, critiquing their customer service, and requesting a refund. Reply? "OK". Nice.

So I mounted up the new master, valve, lines and bled the brakes.

Attachment 254563

Attachment 254564

Fresh fluid and a quick bleeding of the system and I am back on the road. Drove it right down to Discount for some nice radials and I'm ready for some cruising! :headbang:

Even being a manual set up, it really stops the car nicely. Perfect pedal, tracks straight, and shifts/sounds awesome! Time to turn my attention inside with a radio upgrade and some door innards that need replacing.

More to come!

Dave

olredalert 01-27-2024 02:10 PM

----As aftermarket goes, this conversion, while definetly doesn't look correct, does have the look of being GM, and a definite upgrade. Good choice, Super Dave!....Bill S

A12pilot 01-28-2024 01:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Bill! Massive improvement, that's for sure. New shocks all around too. After compression, I think the ones on there are shot! One was so bad it was leaking onto the floor:shocked:

Attachment 254569

Attachment 254570

But of course once that gets fixed, the water pump decides to leak. But a few hours later, all is well with a new one installed. Time for some interior stuff!

Cheers
Dave