The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   27? Mile LS6 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169301)

daleone3 10-12-2021 02:07 PM

27? Mile LS6

Does anyone know what happened to that low mileage Chevelle that was around a few years ago? It popped up with and changed hands several times in a short time and then seemed to go away. More curiosity, maybe someone here owns it or knows what happened to it. Don't recall the exact mileage but it was under 50 miles for sure.

Lee Stewart 10-12-2021 02:20 PM

If this is the car, it's in The Brothers Collection

olredalert 10-12-2021 02:27 PM

----I drove this LS6 from 12 up to 16 miles back in around 1977! It was in Louiseville at the time but I believe it originally came out of either South Carolina or Georgia. Later it spent quite a while in Rhode Island....Bill S

daleone3 10-12-2021 02:29 PM

Thats the one, looks like it has accrued about seven miles in all these years since it sold. I recall numbers north of $300k and then it seemed to trade hands a couple times for less each time. what do you think the car is worth today? I love the imperfect stripes and all those little things that it came from the factory with, pretty cool, thanks for sharing the video.

olredalert 10-12-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daleone3 (Post 1566994)
Thats the one, looks like it has accrued about seven miles in all these years since it sold. I recall numbers north of $300k and then it seemed to trade hands a couple times for less each time. what do you think the car is worth today? I love the imperfect stripes and all those little things that it came from the factory with, pretty cool, thanks for sharing the video.

----When bought from the original owner the smog was gone! Thats the only thing that was ever done to it to my knowledge. That and putting a complete smog set-up back on....Bill S

Lee Stewart 10-12-2021 02:32 PM

I searched for the car and this showed up:

1970 Chevelle LS6 w/ 27 miles: $425,000

06-01-2005

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/f-b...-000-a-371645/

daleone3 10-12-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1566995)
----When bought from the original owner the smog was gone! Thats the only thing that was ever done to it to my knowledge. That and putting a complete smog set-up back on....Bill S

Bill, must have been a great car to own. I recall it being in Massachusetts at one point, maybe Milford MA but never saw it. I suspect it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

NorCam 10-12-2021 02:48 PM

That's cool seeing the imperfections in the factory paint. Benchmark car for sure.

Thanks for the video link. Hadn't seen that one before. :biggthumpup:

olredalert 10-12-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daleone3 (Post 1567001)
Bill, must have been a great car to own. I recall it being in Massachusetts at one point, maybe Milford MA but never saw it. I suspect it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

----Would have been great to own, but I didn't. I can't go into specifics about who owned it when I drove it.....Bill S

Bill Pritchard 10-12-2021 04:46 PM

It was at a Russo & Steele auction here in AZ many years ago, and I saw it then. If it is indeed in the Brothers collection, it's undoubtedly there for the long haul.

Lee Stewart 10-12-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard (Post 1567013)
It was at a Russo & Steele auction here in AZ many years ago, and I saw it then. If it is indeed in the Brothers collection, it's undoubtedly there for the long haul.

That video I posted is from August 1, 2013. Muscle Car Of The Week was a series on The Brothers Collection. It was #8 in the series which exceeds 360. I know Charley has history with The Brothers. Maybe he will chime in on the car.

bashton 10-12-2021 06:45 PM

You can also see it in the MCACNtv youtube show, MCACN Northwest 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2p1ZlzLr9w&t=70s

BTW; we just posted a new video with Doug, the Primary Caretaker of The Brothers Collection!

Bashton

Mr70 10-12-2021 06:57 PM

Reggie J. tried to own this car when it went to auction @ R&S.

Ryan1969Chevelle 10-12-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1567003)
----Would have been great to own, but I didn't. I can't go into specifics about who owned it when I drove it.....Bill S

Bill…… seriously is there any muscle car or muscle car guy you don’t know?

How did it drive?

Ryan W31

olredalert 10-12-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard (Post 1567013)

----Bill,,,I was there in the same tent with "Red Alert". Two red/black gut 70 Chevelle's, one bone stock and the other a bit modified,,,LOL! I also brought down an awesome maroon 1939 Ford Woody Hot Rod.. Red didn't sell, but the woody did. The owner of the low mile car then was the lengthy owner from Rhode Island that I mentioned.....Bill S

olredalert 10-12-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle (Post 1567048)
Bill…… seriously is there any muscle car or muscle car guy you don’t know?

How did it drive?

Ryan W31

----Ryan,,,I just know most of the old farts. Not so many of the new guys, unfortunatly, as there are a lot of great new guys like yourself that I could probably learn a thing or two from. The LS6 drove as you would expect. Tight as a drum and not even broken in. I definetly didn't test my luck with a blast!.....Bill S

Pro Stock John 10-12-2021 09:14 PM

Amazing. Did the original owner plan to keep the miles down?

Too Many Projects 10-12-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John (Post 1567055)
Amazing. Did the original owner plan to keep the miles down?

Isn't that crazy ???!!! I can't imagine owning a car like that from new and never driving it. It just baffles me how many of these cars seem to be around that rarely got driven...:confused:

Bill Pritchard 10-12-2021 11:25 PM

Many years ago there was a now-defunct car magazine that I subscribed to. They had an article on a 59 Impala, 348, 3 speed manual, that had only about 30 miles or so on it. The owner had bought it new.....think it was in either North or South Carolina. He was fussin' over it after he brought it home from the dealership and someone razzed him and told him he should just put it up on jack stands and never drive it so it would stay clean. So that's what he did. Fortunately, he was fanatical in his care of the car, because it was still as new. Only drove it one other time, when he bought a different house and moved. Just a wee bit eccentric, I guess.

L72Biscayne 10-13-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Bill, the original owner was Jennings B. Summerour from Forest Park Georgia. He also owned my 1000 mile 68 Biscayne L72. He bought the Ls6 for his wife. I spoke with his wife back in 2017. She told me that he hardly drove the two cars. Both the Ls6 and Biscayne were sold from east point Chevrolet in east point Georgia. When Anthony Owned the car my friend Jeff put a low mileage smog system back on the car. I think at the time it had around 25 miles on it. Jennings owned a trucking company. He drag raced a 55 Chevrolet and a 62 409. He passed away back in 89.

dykstra 10-13-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bashton (Post 1567038)
You can also see it in the MCACNtv youtube show, MCACN Northwest 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2p1ZlzLr9w&t=70s

BTW; we just posted a new video with Doug, the Primary Caretaker of The Brothers Collection!

Bashton

I watched it last night! Great programming :biggthumpup:

olredalert 10-13-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L72Biscayne (Post 1567075)
Bill, the original owner was Jennings B. Summerour from Forest Park Georgia. He also owned my 1000 mile 68 Biscayne L72. He bought the Ls6 for his wife. I spoke with his wife back in 2017. She told me that he hardly drove the two cars. Both the Ls6 and Biscayne were sold from east point Chevrolet in east point Georgia. When Anthony Owed the car my friend Jeff put a low mileage smog system back on the car. I think at the time it had around 25 miles on it. Jennings owned a trucking company. He drag raced a 55 Chevrolet and a 62 409. He passed away back in 89.

----Thanks for completing the picture, L72! You know, every time I have looked at a picture of your beauty I had a small spark of recognition. One of our buyer's at Classic Motors back then (Gomer) bought the LS6 car from Jennings. He told me about your car, but I had forgotten about it. Things come full circle, don't they.
----When I lived on the Cape I used to sell Tony Corvette parts. He was one of the most fastidious collectors I've ever known. I was delivering some stuff one time and he was in the back of his station with a brand new 75 or 76 Corvette up on the lift. he was taking it all apart to bring it up to his standards. The car only had about 10 or so miles and he was virtually restoring it.....Bill S

RPOLS3 10-13-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1567186)
---- One of our buyer's at Classic Motors back then (Gomer) bought the LS6 car from Jennings....Bill S

Wow there is a name from the past. Talk about an interesting guy that had some interesting cars pass through him.

Xplantdad 10-13-2021 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

----Thanks for completing the picture, L72! You know, every time I have looked at a picture of your beauty I had a small spark of recognition. One of our buyer's at Classic Motors back then (Gomer) bought the LS6 car from Jennings. He told me about your car, but I had forgotten about it. Things come full circle, don't they.
----When I lived on the Cape I used to sell Tony Corvette parts. He was one of the most fastidious collectors I've ever known. I was delivering some stuff one time and he was in the back of his station with a brand new 75 or 76 Corvette up on the lift. he was taking it all apart to bring it up to his standards. The car only had about 10 or so miles and he was virtually restoring it.....Bill S

This guy? ;)

Attachment 205263

olredalert 10-13-2021 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=Xplantdad;1567204]This guy? ;)

----His given name was Lynn, but his sisters nicknamed him Gomer early on and it stuck. Way to many crazy, crazy stories about him (almost all true)! He unearthed so many of our greatest cars over the years. He had a photographic memory for valuable cars I think. Plus he worked out of Louisville KY which was and is very fast car oriented. Sadly, Gomer died way too early with multiple substance abuse problems. He truly was a one of a kind!....Bill S

Xplantdad 10-13-2021 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=olredalert;1567207]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1567204)
This guy? ;)

----His given name was Lynn, but his sisters nicknamed him Gomer early on and it stuck. Way to many crazy, crazy stories about him (almost all true)! He unearthed so many of our greatest cars over the years. He had a photographic memory for valuable cars I think. Plus he worked out of Louisville KY which was and is very fast car oriented. Sadly, Gomer died way too early with multiple substance abuse problems. He truly was a one of a kind!....Bill S

I was just joking Bill, but you probably already knew that. Sorry to hear that he had substance abuse problems....

olredalert 10-13-2021 08:23 PM

----Absolutely no problem, Bruce! I know your humor. It would take the next 20 pages to go thru just some of the Gomer stories,,,LOL! Makes me laugh just to think about them.....Bill S

Xplantdad 10-13-2021 08:30 PM

You will have to share some when we meet up again!:beers:

Richls5 10-13-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1566993)
----I drove this LS6 from 12 up to 16 miles back in around 1977! It was in Louiseville at the time but I believe it originally came out of either South Carolina or Georgia. Later it spent quite a while in Rhode Island....Bill S

Any idea what part of Rhode Island it was in? I know an older guy in my area that’s had a ton of chevelles

L72Chevelle 10-13-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richls5 (Post 1567229)
Any idea what part of Rhode Island it was in? I know an older guy in my area that’s had a ton of chevelles

I believe it was in the north Providence area.

Richls5 10-14-2021 12:50 AM

I’ll have to ask him I’m in southern ri he said he tried buying a low mile ls6 from a guy in the late 80’s probably the same car pretty cool!

L72Chevelle 10-14-2021 09:10 PM

Mid eighties is when I found out about that car. Guys I worked with a few years younger than me hung out with the owners son or nephew. Said he had an original AC Cobra also.

TimG 10-14-2021 11:11 PM

The low mile LS6 was at Pheasant Run Mecum in about 2013. I looked at all weekend, very cool car.

jeffschevelle 10-15-2021 12:40 AM

Love that correct "foundry black" master cylinder !!!

dykstra 10-15-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPOLS3 (Post 1567199)
Wow there is a name from the past. Talk about an interesting guy that had some interesting cars pass through him.

Quote:

I remember Gomer! Wow, blast from the past.

Stefano 10-16-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Your friend Skeeter, or Cooter? who found the car said that the original owner drove it home from the dealership and parked it in his garage to race prep it and he only got as far as removing the smog system, but it was still present sitting on a shelf in the garage. I believe there was a low miles Biscayne in the garage as well.

RJS 10-20-2021 02:30 AM

Why does the build sheet they show in the video have C08 Vinyl Top listed?

Ron

fsc66 10-24-2021 08:58 AM

Build sheet

1 Attachment(s)
Great question and also lists an M22 HD 4-Spd Trans. Either build sheet is not from this car or narrator didn’t do his homework

Stefano 10-24-2021 06:12 PM

The “Brother’s Collection” Red Hardtop, sub 50 miles the last time I had seen it, is not a vinyl top, m22 car.

Lee Stewart 10-24-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefano (Post 1568609)
The “Brother’s Collection” Red Hardtop, sub 50 miles the last time I had seen it, is not a vinyl top, m22 car.

Are you suggesting there are two 1970 LS6 SS Chevelles, each with less than 50 miles?