The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Anthony's 1969 SS 396 Convertible! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148911)

cook_dw 05-10-2018 04:52 PM

Well done. Nothing better than having your father/parents original musclecar.

Jonesy 05-10-2018 06:12 PM

Thats a great story and great car. I can totally relate to everything you say. Its amazing it stayed with you all these years. The car had more meaning than any money that was offered. Thanks for sharing!! :burnout:

Tenney 05-10-2018 07:00 PM

Cool car and great stories - really stood out at the GNRS among some pretty nice company!

mockingbird812 05-10-2018 07:37 PM

You've got a way with words Anthony - very descriptive and heart felt. Thanks for sharing your special ride with us knuckle-draggers! :biggthumpup:

P.S. Man, this story should be in Hemmings Muscle Machines!!

PeteLeathersac 05-10-2018 08:20 PM

'

Awesome car and story, thanks for sharing!
Where in ON are you from and what dealer originally delivered the car?
:beers:
~ Pete

AnthonyS 05-10-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook_dw (Post 1400506)
Well done. Nothing better than having your father/parents original musclecar.

Yes, it's a great feeling, thanks!

AnthonyS 05-10-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesy (Post 1400522)
Thats a great story and great car. I can totally relate to everything you say. Its amazing it stayed with you all these years. The car had more meaning than any money that was offered. Thanks for sharing!! :burnout:

Thanks! Yep, at one show there was a fellow walking around with a big cigar once and a bigger bag of cash trying to buy a car and was astounded I wouldn't sell - this was just after it was recently restored; he had an entourage following him around - quite comical when I think about it now, he just went from car to car at the show blowing smoke (literally and figuratively) and flashing cash trying to buy something, anything it seemed...

AnthonyS 05-10-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenney (Post 1400532)
Cool car and great stories - really stood out at the GNRS among some pretty nice company!

Thank you! That was a cool display in that room wasn't it?! But gosh, the fumes when we were all driving out was enough to make you cry if the cars didn't...

AnthonyS 05-10-2018 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mockingbird812 (Post 1400538)
You've got a way with words Anthony - very descriptive and heart felt. Thanks for sharing your special ride with us knuckle-draggers! :biggthumpup:

P.S. Man, this story should be in Hemmings Muscle Machines!!

Hah, thanks! My knuckles are the worse for wear too man!

It was on the September 2014 MCR cover... that's how I got the sweet photos by Jesse Kiser.

AnthonyS 05-10-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac (Post 1400541)
'

Awesome car and story, thanks for sharing!
Where in ON are you from and what dealer originally delivered the car?
:beers:
~ Pete

Hey Pete, thanks. I'm from London. It's a Gorries delivered car. :naughty: