The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   WTB 69 Camaro (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161531)

gtomike1967 05-31-2020 03:01 PM

WTB 69 Camaro

Hi all,
I have been lurking here for about 7 years and I have not posted much.
But the time has finally come for me to look for a 69 Camaro to buy!

I have around 30k to spend. I understand its not going to be a perfect show car. I would consider a car that needs some work as long as it’s not needing a full resto.

I definitely prefer a decent running driving car that can be enjoyed now, but again, I know at this price range its probably going to need some work.
I’m not looking for a race car or resto mod. I prefer more stockish.

I’m in Illinois, so the closer the better. But I will travel for the right car. Send me an PM or respond here or my email address is [email protected].

Thank you!

William 05-31-2020 08:20 PM

This is in IL. Overpriced IMHO but a clean Van Nuys car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Chevro...xexsbW&vxp=mtr

enio45 05-31-2020 08:35 PM

Get a quality car, not just shop for price, if that is an option.

Original cars are the best, if you can find them.

The better the quality orig car, the further ahead you will be. Anyone can build a car from the catalog.

JMO......and the orig cars for resale value are a better choice.

GLW search

chris slawski 05-31-2020 11:40 PM

they are still out there, the big thing is keep looking all the time, and make sure the funds are LIQUID a 35 k car can become 28 k really quickly with cash in hand. Make the decision early what is important though all numbers matching Z28, or a nice original powertrain driver 327 car. As stated before buy the best car you can afford spending more early for a solid car will pay off big later on.

gtomike1967 06-01-2020 01:48 AM

Thanks for the help/advice guys.
I have been looking (not super seriously) for about a month. I just started seriously looking about a week or so ago.
There is a 69 Z/28 clone a couple hours from me that im going to try to look at this week. It sounds like a very nice car. Im not real sure how to post pics but I do have a few and its black with white stripes and black interior. It appears to have very nice body/paint which is important to me.
Thanks again!

enio45 06-01-2020 02:26 AM

Sounds good - remember, it is a clone, so it is clone prices....it probably started as a NON Z or other similar car. You buy it for non-Z prices, and remember when you sell it, it is NON z prices......so be careful paying more dollars attempting to gain some value because of the clone to a Z/28, or even a yenko/copo.

At at the end of the day usually they are only worth the value of the base car it started out as unless it was an exceptional high dollar build. IF that is the case those are far past your 30K budget for sure.

Get a good quality car....

chris slawski 06-01-2020 11:46 AM

be very careful if you are heavily basing a decision on nice paint especially for resale. Reason being if you pay up for nice paint and then it goes away quickly because it was not as nice as you hoped then you take a big hit. If you have questions what to look for when checking for nice paint, but more importantly solid body work underneath ask the group.
IMHO i prefer original paint, even if it looks like hell, as you can see what the body looks like underneath.
Always remember the old saying of "putting lipstick on a pig"
Good luck with the search, keep us posted

John 06-01-2020 12:22 PM

… Sent you a PM

… :beers:

gtomike1967 06-16-2020 11:25 PM

I'm still looking for a 69 Camaro. I have looked at a few in person and looked at a lot of pics and videos but still have not found the right car yet.
Thanks

KevinW 06-17-2020 11:58 AM

So what kind of 69 are you looking for? That might help narrow things down?

Coupe or Convertible?
Manual or Automatic?
SB or BB?
Any "must have" options like RS or SS or Deluxe interior?