The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Fortunate find (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157370)

TopRat 10-05-2019 11:01 PM

Fortunate find

9 Attachment(s)
A year ago I took a road trip out to Alberta to deliver a car I restored and then go visit a fellow Chevelle friend. Once I got to my friends house I couldn’t believe my eyes. Out behind the garage covered in snow was a Cranberry Red ‘70 Chevelle LS6. I immediately fell in love with it. It’s a very clean western car that has had one repaint in the early 80’s and retains its original CRW diff, and matching number M22. Unfortunately the original short block was changed under warranty and has a CE 289 block with the original heads, carb, distributor, alternator, radiator, hoses etc still there. At the time I visited my friend the car wasn’t for sale but for any reason later on if the car was to be sold I’d have first chance to buy it. I honestly wish the day never came for me to have the opportunity to buy the car because my friend passed away. Some people reading this will know exactly who I’m speaking of. He was one of the nicest people I’ve ever had the privilege to meet and a wealth of knowledge. I miss our many hour chats about everything including 70 Chevelle’s. I feel very fortunate that he wanted me to purchase the car. At a later date I will mention my friends name and there will be many LS6 specific parts coming up for sale. I just want to give his wife time to organize everything. Here are a few pictures of the car. I think I’ll just clean it up a bit here and there but leave it unrestored for now.

ZLP955 10-06-2019 12:38 AM

Sad to come by it through losing a good friend, but better it go to you than a stranger.
Looks like a very nice car, and good to hear your plans for it!

Mr70 10-07-2019 04:39 PM

Very cool.
Please show more pics,and details about those parts when you can.

TopRat 10-07-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr70 (Post 1465876)
Very cool.
Please show more pics,and details about those parts when you can.

I’m heading out to pick it up at the end of the month. My plan is to come home through the States and stop at Rick’s place. He’s gonna go over the car with me if the timing is right. Then I’ll post a bunch of pictures. These pictures are all I have at the moment. Cheers

mockingbird812 10-07-2019 06:22 PM

Congrats TopRat. Looks to be a beauty! Have fun with it in your friends honor!!

elcamino72 10-07-2019 10:12 PM

This car looks amazing! Have a safe trip bringing her back.

GearheadSS 10-09-2019 09:44 PM

Great car. LS6/M22/4.10 posi. Awesome. Think they could have ordered that car with a few more lamps though. :)

TopRat 10-10-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 1466219)
Great car. LS6/M22/4.10 posi. Awesome. Think they could have ordered that car with a few more lamps though. :)

Lol all the lights come with ZJ9 auxiliary light group. I don’t know why they listed them all individually.

Mr70 10-10-2019 12:45 AM

They had to on the build sheet,so as the line worker would know exactly what the ZJ-9 option included.
VVS then relays what the build sheet said.
Build sheets are the most specific piece of paper you can have on a car,even more than VVS paper.

Unreal 10-10-2019 11:54 AM

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the J50/JL2 brakes on the Chevelle, vs. J50/J52 on the Camaro?