The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Low Low Mileage '75 Trans Am (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137871)

mmcporter 06-09-2016 12:31 PM

Low Low Mileage '75 Trans Am

I made a half-hearted attempt to sell the Trans Am a couple of years ago to keep my "better half" happy. Now she's become more insistent around reclaiming the garage space, so I'm mounting a more serious campaign to sell this time. This 1975 T/A is a silver car with black interior - it is all original with less than 18,000 documented original miles. Yes - less than 18,000 miles. The car is so original that the door buzzer still works and it retains the factory "hairy hose" air intake. Never been wrecked, never been restored. It's all original GM paint and stickers on the car. As you know, they are only original once. 400 Pontiac V8 with 4 speed. Virtually every option except cruise control. Extensive documentation including order form, invoice and notarized statements from past owners attesting to the low mileage. Just placed an ad in Hemmings:

Trans Am Hemmings Ad

Doors shut like a new car as it basically is new. Runs great, looks great. You could drive it as a survivor or you could repaint and refresh the stickers to truly make it look brand new. Pictures and information are on the Hemmings ad. Ping me if you have any questions or are interested in seeing the car.

Priced at $39.9K on Hemmings - $36K for members of our site.

markinnaples 06-09-2016 01:42 PM

Re: Low Low Mileage '75 Trans Am

Nice TA. I had a silver/red '78 TA that looked pretty much identical to yours from the rear. 2nd Gen TA's are hot now, best of luck with the sale.

Dave Castine 06-10-2016 08:47 PM

That's a great price, saw this car at Larz Anderson - nice piece, GLWS - I'll talk it around...

Abiddle 06-11-2016 02:02 AM

Wow that's nice. I don't know anything about T/A value, but that is really awesome.

al8apex 06-11-2016 03:53 AM

nice one year only design PLUS nice exhaust!

is there any issue with registering it now that it doesn't have the cat?

mmcporter 06-11-2016 03:58 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind comments on the TA. Nobody cares about missing cats on a 41 year old car. At least here in Massachusetts, it's exempt from smog regs. I think that's likely true for most of the country as well...and Massachusetts is pretty strict.

earntaz 06-11-2016 04:40 PM

I had a 74' almost like yours -- silver w/blue bird and interior. TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

al8apex 06-11-2016 07:21 PM

had no clue, I haven't had to &quot;smog&quot; a post 75 car, was just thinking out loud :-)

mmcporter 08-09-2016 03:40 AM

Bump - still for sale and would love to sell here vs. heading for eBay in a few days....

mockingbird812 08-09-2016 01:35 PM

Pretty car. BTW, your car is 41 yrs old not 31!!! I know - time flies! How could a seventies car be over 40 yrs old!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif[/img]

Good luck - don't think it'll be long! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]