The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Be careful gentleman (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165895)

Richls5 02-17-2021 05:56 PM

Be careful gentleman

For the first time in my internet buying experience I got hosed I got a message from stephens91 saying his friend had the date for the ao wheels I wanted I venmo’d the money and now I’m out 550 and don’t have wheels

Jonesy 02-17-2021 06:09 PM

You got a PM on this site from a member stephens91 from a wanted ad on this site?

914JPW 02-17-2021 06:25 PM

I got one from stephen91 stating his friend has a part I was looking for and gave me his email address. [email protected]
After exchanging a couple emails with them I could tell something was not right. The pictures of the part they sent me were the first ones that came up when googled. They were from a business in Florida and this person said they were in Texas. So I asked them to call me. Someone actually did call me, and I could tell it was a scam.

Steve Shauger 02-17-2021 06:27 PM

I banned stephens91, 2/10, and he joined 2/9 because he screwed another member. He may have joined under another email or name previously. Stephens91 never posted on the site, although he signed up as a member. There are scammers everywhere and I would be hesitant to purchase something if a member has no history or posts. Get their name and address and google it determine if they are real or a scammer.

Also if you put your email or phone # on an ad, anyone can contact you directly.

Love to see this person get their just due.

HuggerSS 02-17-2021 06:30 PM

I received a response form Stephen91 about a speedo reducer that i had posted on this site. He asked me to send a payment to; [email protected]. Asked him for a picture of it and he sent me a known file picture of the reducer. That’s when I realize it was a hoax. This happen about two weeks ago.

BLACKLS5 02-17-2021 07:08 PM

I had a wanted ad on Team Chevelle and someone with '0' posts and joined that very day sent me a message telling me his buddy had what I was looking for. I never responded. Some people were getting scammed over on Team Chevelle also. Sorry to hear you got screwed.

L78_Nova 02-17-2021 07:11 PM

Wanted post are their hunting grounds... I got scammed on a bumper once... not from this site.

914JPW 02-17-2021 08:02 PM

This is the phone number that called me if that helps in any way.
+1 (956) 335-3408

Jonesy 02-17-2021 08:12 PM

Google that phone number and you will see that he's scamming other boards as well.

SS427 02-17-2021 08:35 PM

Here is one of the emails he used [email protected] and said his name was Scott Elsdone. He got me for $150. He knows car parts quite well but writes a little like he is from South Africa. The weird thing is, once he got my money he continued to email me several more times. Usually a scammer will move on the minute he gets your money. After looking at my PayPal history it stated it was a non US transaction. It would be nice if PP would tell you that BEFORE you hit the send button.