The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   1952 F1: Flames to Fantastical! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155354)

A12pilot 11-10-2019 11:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Weather perfect? Check. Ventilation good? Check. Dust and debris in topcoat of clear from the dirty lid that I failed to clean goodly?? Yep... check! :thumbsdown: Oh well, a quick wet sand will get that out no problem. See? Even despite all this progress screw ups stiiiiiiilllllll happen in this thread. :shocked: Just no drama video showing it. Although that weird music that usually plays right before a commercial break happens was playing in the head when I saw it. :mad2:

Happy to report no runs, sags or curtains. Next up is the hood!

Cheers:beers:
Dave

A12pilot 11-13-2019 12:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Moving forward, the truck is wired up! :eek2: Rick chose Dakota digital gauges that come with this uber cool control box. Makes wiring a breeze! I installed it right next to the fuse box and used leftover harness looms from my Mopars to secure it all tidy up in the cowl. Easy access, yet up and out of the way. All ends of the crimped terminals are tight and heat shrunk with wrap. I looped the longer lines so in the event someone pulls on the cords they have room to give and the connection at the box isn't compromised.

Friday the hood will be painted, and based on the arrival of the front fenders, when I leave for MCACN Friday everything will be painted! :headbang:

Oh, and a pair of new Iwata guns are on deck for the next project. What will that be? :dunno::dunno::dunno: More over the weekend! :scholar:

Dave

mssl72 11-13-2019 08:36 PM

Hey Dave! Looking amazing! I'm not sure how you can work on both this truck and the "Crusty Cuda" at the same time along with the property and living a life!! :dunno: Just a little "ouch" note. Do yourself and others a favor and flush cut the cut end of the tyrap/wire ties. Those things will slice you real good if you're reaching in to try to move or adjust something and you hit one with your arm. Ask me how I know about those cut ends. I have scars!

Xplantdad 11-13-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mssl72 (Post 1471097)
Hey Dave! Looking amazing! I'm not sure how you can work on both this truck and the "Crusty Cuda" at the same time along with the property and living a life!! :dunno: Just a little "ouch" note. Do yourself and others a favor and flush cut the cut end of the tyrap/wire ties. Those things will slice you real good if you're reaching in to try to move or adjust something and you hit one with your arm. Ask me how I know about those cut ends. I have scars!

Absolutely! me too!

Woj 11-14-2019 01:18 AM

Great work Dave. Keep it going! Don't get cut on the zip ties, burned by the welder or pass out from the fumes!!!! Ha.

A12pilot 11-14-2019 11:30 AM

Thanks, Phil! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!:laugh:

Mark, good point! Er, bad point, actually:wink:. I’ll trim those flush for sure.:scholar:

Fenders are due to arrive Monday, so for me to get them painted by the time we leave for MCACN Friday will be a feat!:eek2: It’ll be a marathon of PPGical proportions, I tells ya! :hmmm: It’s going to involve late nights, minimal sleep, and no room for screw ups!:eek2:

Bwwaahahahahaha!!:haha: No room for screw ups......man, that’s rich:bs:.

Dave

A12pilot 11-17-2019 11:41 PM

8 Attachment(s)
All the small remaining parts are painted along with the hood as of today! :cool2: Just the front fenders are left (oh, and the wheels:ooo:) and the goal is to have them done prior to leaving for MCACN. I swapped the truck around with the Cuda so I could get that car on lift since I don't need the Fantastical Ford taking up that spot.

You know, this is a nice color but man it's hard to take a good photo of a reflection. That beige is just sooooo creamy!

More later this week!:biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Dave

454_Malibu 11-18-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1471194)
Thanks, Phil! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!:laugh:

Mark, good point! Er, bad point, actually:wink:. I’ll trim those flush for sure.:scholar:

Fenders are due to arrive Monday, so for me to get them painted by the time we leave for MCACN Friday will be a feat!:eek2: It’ll be a marathon of PPGical proportions, I tells ya! :hmmm: It’s going to involve late nights, minimal sleep, and no room for screw ups!:eek2:

Bwwaahahahahaha!!:haha: No room for screw ups......man, that’s rich:bs:.

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by mssl72 (Post 1471097)

We call them Panduits at the B Company, get a Panduit gun and problem solved

big gear head 11-18-2019 12:24 AM

Not only do you put a lot of effort into the work you do on the cars and truck, but you also put a lot of effort into posting great pictures and entertaining commentary. Thanks :biggthumpup:

A12pilot 11-18-2019 01:42 AM

Thanks, Freddie!:biggthumpup::biggthumpup: I try and make my posts enjoyable since it’s such a fun hobby, and hopefully since I make the same mistakes we all do, everyone finds humor in my screw ups since they’ve seen themselves do exactly what I just done did!:hmmm: Errr...something like that...:dunno:

I’m pretty sure the next restoration/hotrodification/barn build I do I’ll have to do some kind of video commentary to keep the entertainment value up!:shocked::3gears: Actually, I think after Crusty is up and running the next project is to finish up the shops. I sort of out those in holy my buddy out with his truck. So once this heads out of here I’ll be back on hammering in tongue and groove pine again for all to enjoy:thumbsdown:.:grin:

Fun stuff!!!:grin:

Cheers
Dave