The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Mcacn 2019 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156347)

OldZ28Owner 08-03-2019 06:09 PM

Mcacn 2019

My wife and I plan to attend MCACN in November, specifically to see the cars and stuff. I know Chicago is a huge area and there is plenty to do, but what would experienced attendees recommend in addition? We will have some time on Saturday afternoon and evening, and Sunday morning.

Thanks!

napa68 08-04-2019 01:03 AM

Gibson's Steak House!

TimG 08-04-2019 01:47 AM

They light the Christmas lights downtown that weekend and it's a big celebration, it happens on State Street Saturday night the weekend before Thanksgiving.
It's worth going downtown to see. You can take the "L" from Rosemont.

RPOLS3 08-05-2019 11:56 AM

For what it is worth...…..if you plan on spending only a few hours at the show on Saturday morning/early afternoon you will not be able to take it all in. There are over 500 high caliber cars and depending on your interests, you will probably want to stop and take the time to appreciate many of them and potentially talk to attendees and car owners - which means you will have a hard time getting through them all in 5-6 hours. Every year I try and be methodical about making sure I see everything and inevitably when others post pictures I notice many cars that I missed. It is truly an amazing gathering of the finest cars anywhere.

As Tim (NAPA68) said, Gibsons on Saturday night is great, we usually eat in the bar and people watch. TimG also had a great suggestion about the downtown Chicago Christmas activities......plenty to do, enjoy.

big gear head 08-05-2019 03:06 PM

I spend all day Saturday and most of Sunday looking at the cars and talking to owners. No way you can see it all in one morning unless you just walk by everything without stopping to truly look. The reveals alone take up all of Saturday morning.

OldZ28Owner 08-06-2019 03:27 PM

Thanks for all the input. We have now changed our plans and will arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday. I want to be sure to allow enough time for my wife to do some of the things she wants, too. I know she wants to attend the show for me and likes cars, too, but there is a limit as to how long it will hold her attention.

Are the show tickets good for re-entry each day? Are they good for both Sat and Sun or do you buy tickets for each day?

seventieshow 08-06-2019 04:40 PM

You can come and go all day with a hand stamp. You will need a ticket for each day. I would buy online for convenience. Saturday is very busy, by that I mean crowded. Sunday around 5pm the cars all make their way out, which is a lot of fun. There is much to see and always a few things I don't expect. For 1969 to 1972 era muscle cars I don't think this show has any peer. Most importantly, get a hotel room around the show so you can be close.

Mr70 08-06-2019 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And try our pizza. :)

flyingn 08-07-2019 12:25 AM

Giordano's pizza. Portillo's for hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches, Gibsons steakhouse. We LOVED all these places when we were there

smallblockhero 08-07-2019 06:10 AM

in 2015 i was there as an exhibitor ...we were able to watch all the cars come in and get set up... is there any way to get a pass to watch the cars come in like that again if not an exhibitor this year?