The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Friends and Family (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160539)

mssl72 04-11-2020 06:36 AM

Friends and Family

So, where is the PayPal Friends and Family tab/selection hiding now? It's not obvious anymore. I made a payment the other day and I was looking for where you make the choice of what type of payment. I couldn't find it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks

69L78 04-11-2020 11:02 AM

I haven't been able to find it for a long time now, I just click on "More" and send as a Gift.

67 Nova Boy 04-11-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69L78 (Post 1493611)
I haven't been able to find it for a long time now, I just click on "More" and send as a Gift.

X2

Dave
67 Nova Boy

McCune 04-11-2020 01:42 PM

Just hit send, then enter the person you are sending to, the box will be right below the amount you are sending, then you can change if it is a business or a friend. You don't have a choice to click F&F before you start to send money.

67 Nova Boy 04-11-2020 03:14 PM

Nope...you have to go to "more" as the box drops down, THEN you click on "Gift" and then add where it goes and how much, then send. Other way, the person your sending to will get a fee.

You also must send money from your Paypal or a checking account. Using a Credit Card will get fees.

{Agreed} that friends and family are not there anymore.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

Mr70 04-11-2020 04:13 PM

When did this change?

67 Nova Boy 04-11-2020 04:48 PM

Not sure when it changed...maybe at the beginning of the year? Sure it was them catching on to it? They make you work for it now! LOL

Still can send money for free as long as its sent via Paypal account or bank account set up with Paypal. Can send credit card but it will cost whom ever your sending money to. Fees if you use that payment method. It will say so before sending if any fees or not.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

McCune 04-12-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Nova Boy (Post 1493656)
Nope...you have to go to "more" as the box drops down, THEN you click on "Gift" and then add where it goes and how much, then send. Other way, the person your sending to will get a fee.

You also must send money from your Paypal or a checking account. Using a Credit Card will get fees.

{Agreed} that friends and family are not there anymore.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

It must work both ways. I see the way you do it and it works the same way I do it. I just check with the last guy I paid because I was worried that he paid some fees, he checked and no fees were collected on his end.
Jim

Jim

mssl72 04-12-2020 06:58 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to check very carefully next time when I go through the process. I thought I was checking every step as I went, but maybe I missed it.

Bill Pritchard 04-14-2020 12:07 AM

I suspect that eBay/PayPal has discovered that this F&F option was being 'overused' and will find some justification for eliminating it. I've said it before and I'll say it again - eBay and PayPal ain't what they used to be.