The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   NCRS Camaro , Chevelle, Nova 65-72 Document Services (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126908)

Drew Papsun 04-24-2014 01:50 AM

NCRS Camaro , Chevelle, Nova 65-72 Document Services

This is an update for the Camaro, Chevelle, and Nova cars.

1965 through 1972 for Camaro, Chevelle
https://www.chevymuscledocs.com/

Historical Document Services
1965-1972
BEGINS MAY 1

National Corvette Restorers Society is pleased to announce that we can now provide certain information for model years 1965 through 1972 for Camaro, Chevelle and Nova through the efforts of the NCRS and permission granted by General Motors. We believe our fellow hobbyists and car clubs have desired this information since it became available for Corvettes several years ago.

The information consists of the dealer code, dealer name, dealer location and the production date the car was produced. The good news is this may allow you to find the original dealer where your Chevrolet Camaro, Chevelle or Nova was shipped and possibly open the door to finding more information about your Chevrolet.

A Camaro, Chevelle or Nova Shipping Data Report can be ordered only online. Membership in NCRS is not required. The fee will be $50 payable by credit card or PayPal. You will receive via USPS a letter with the information which includes the NCRS official seal. In limited cases the dealer code is not available or readable and in this case a full refund will be made.

www.chevymuscledocs.com.

Regards,
Drew Papsun

bbbentley 04-24-2014 02:03 AM

Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

Yeah!!!

Fast67VelleN2O 04-24-2014 11:20 PM

I think a lot of cars will be "exposed" with this new information.

sYc 04-24-2014 11:47 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a lot of cars will be &quot;exposed&quot; with this new information. </div></div>

I keep hearing this but do not see why. The way I read the press release the document will not contain build information, just shipping info, such as selling dealer. I doubt it will &quot;expose&quot; a hand full of cars, as except for the few so called &quot;supercars dealers&quot;, why would anyone lie about the selling dealer?

I do think it is a positive though, as many car enthusiasts are curious where their cars were sold new, and for the supercars, not all dealer records are available, which left the NICB as the only source for such information, which few folks can access. IMO, as this service moves forward, we will see the number of documented supercars increase.

Then the only debate will be how was it equipped/modified.

1968ChevyIISSL48 04-25-2014 12:16 AM

Awesome! I am curious where my 68 came from. According to my title it had quite a few owners in a short period of time from late 1967 to 1984 when I purchased it. Just purchased my 64 in December from the original owner with all docs, window sticker, and other records so I know where thats been. Happy, Happy, Happy!

Jim

1968 Chevy II SS numbers matching 350, M21, 3:31 12 bolt
1964 Chevelle SS original driveline 220 HP 283 4 speed

68l30 04-25-2014 01:20 AM

Sorry to highjack......But...Is that 68 Ash Gold? Need more shots of the II .... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

BIG

ZLP955 04-25-2014 01:43 AM

The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory, which may not necessarily be the final selling dealer. The debate about cars being exposed by this information assumes that very few cars would have been dealer-transferred beyond a limited radius of the original receiving dealership back in the day, and therefore some owners of high dollar cars that have had expertly-prepared documentation may be surprised by the conflicting details provided by NCRS.

XXXGoldL34M20 04-25-2014 01:59 AM

&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

So this info would match the dealer info on a build sheet because the build sheet has the original dealer that ordered the car first, which I think most people will be looking to match up to when ordering this document.

Lots of owners with fake build sheets will not match this document which will stir many red flags for them [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

I will be ordering one to just ad another document that further confirms the dealer on my original build sheet and POP [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

sixt9rsx33 04-25-2014 10:38 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drew Papsun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is an update for the Camaro, Chevelle, and Nova cars.

Historical Document Services
1965-1972
BEGINS MAY 1

National Corvette Restorers Society is pleased to announce that we can now provide certain information for model years 1965 through 1972 for Camaro, Chevelle and Nova through the efforts of the NCRS and permission granted by General Motors. We believe our fellow hobbyists and car clubs have desired this information since it became available for Corvettes several years ago.

The information consists of the dealer code, dealer name, dealer location and the production date the car was produced. The good news is this may allow you to find the original dealer where your Chevrolet Camaro, Chevelle or Nova was shipped and possibly open the door to finding more information about your Chevrolet.

A Camaro, Chevelle or Nova Shipping Data Report can be ordered only online. Membership in NCRS is not required. The fee will be $50 payable by credit card or PayPal. You will receive via USPS a letter with the information which includes the NCRS official seal. In limited cases the dealer code is not available or readable and in this case a full refund will be made.

www.chevymuscledocs.com.

Regards,
Drew Papsun
</div></div>

The site still says that it is under construction? Is this service active? Does not appear to be.

m22mike 04-25-2014 11:10 AM

It's in the first post......MAY 1st

leach 05-01-2014 09:29 AM

Up and running paid to get both Novas checked out thanks this will help people [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

bbbentley 05-01-2014 11:56 AM

Done Deal on my F-Body 69

KevinW 05-01-2014 12:17 PM

I have both my 69s submitted. I will be interesting to see what they do with the Van Nuys car [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] My orders were numbers 84 and 87.

sixt9rsx33 05-01-2014 12:20 PM

I have two 69 requests in. Thanks to all for making this happen.

mockingbird812 05-01-2014 12:54 PM

<span style="font-size: 14pt">My request went in today. A great capability for many in the hobby! A big <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">thank you </span></span>to those responsible for putting this together [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </span>

<span style="font-size: 8pt">*A word of caution: I navigated away from the info input page to get my VIN and when I returned all of the data I had entered had disappeared. I was using an iPad and I would only consider this a minor inconvenience.</span>

XXXGoldL34M20 05-01-2014 01:04 PM

Just ordered mine.
Another great piece of document to ad to my Build Sheet and other Documents.

Please add Provinces for Canadian orders as I could not put a &quot;State or Province&quot; in that box as there was no selection for Canadian Provinces.

Sent a private email to put &quot;Ontario&quot; in that address section [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

RPOLS3 05-01-2014 01:29 PM

Just ordered one as well.

Jake

Lynn 05-01-2014 02:29 PM

[quote=mockingbird812]<span style="font-size: 14pt">My request went in today. A great capability for many in the hobby! A big <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">thank you </span></span>to those responsible for putting this together [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </span>

X2

70 copo 05-01-2014 03:00 PM

#37 at 05:50 AM today. Let's see what the turn around time is. Looking forward to the info!

Jim Ferron 05-01-2014 03:03 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

Lots of owners with fake build sheets will not match this document which will stir many red flags for them [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div> Sooo [not trying to be a jerk] The guy with the fake build sheet can make a new one with the <span style="font-style: italic">correct</span> dealer info....

Not sure how this new service is really going to change anything if it doesn't have build info , like a PHS report.

Steve Shauger 05-01-2014 03:09 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 copo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">#37 at 05:50 AM today. Let's see what the turn around time is. Looking forward to the info!
</div></div>

Ha, I'm #32&amp;34 at 5:30AM !

mockingbird812 05-01-2014 03:28 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Ferron</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div> Sooo [not trying to be a jerk] The guy with the fake build sheet can make a new one with the <span style="font-style: italic">correct</span> dealer info....

Not sure how this new service is really going to change anything if it doesn't have build info , like a PHS report. </div></div>

I hear what you are saying Jim. By itself this doc will not definitively validate a car, but it can be used as a building block toward establishing provenance in conjunction with other car information/documentation/stampings/owner history/ original photos etc.

camaromb 05-01-2014 03:29 PM

It would be nice if we could opt out of the sharing of our personal information by the NCRS with &quot;car clubs and auto related organizations&quot;. I get enough junk I don't need already.

427freak 05-01-2014 03:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Ferron</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

Not sure how this new service is really going to change anything if it doesn't have build info , like a PHS report. </div></div>

I believe there is an order number on the shipping paperwork that should match a number on the build sheet. They can validate the build sheets that way. They are not making public the order numbers. This should help things.

69hurstSC 05-01-2014 03:57 PM

Sure wish they would have brought the years on the Nova up to 74.

Mr70 05-01-2014 04:01 PM

I think this is a great step up for the hobby &amp; really commend all involved.
Wondering if the NCRS is holding onto the contact information from everyone that inquires about a vehicle?
Could see that as a possible help to those in the future if a question mark is raised on the heritage of their vehicle.

XXXGoldL34M20 05-01-2014 04:40 PM

The point of my comment is the current owner will be upset (Who did not make the FAKE Build Sheet), not the Dealer or Last owner before him that made the FAKE build sheet. I don't think he will re make another fake build sheet, I think he will look into hiring a lawyer to sue the Person or Dealer that sold him the car with FAKE documents. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

68SSCamaro 05-01-2014 04:48 PM

I'm #218, ordered around 9:30 AM PDT. No docs for my car but it might help narrow down the search. Martin

al8apex 05-01-2014 05:06 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLP955</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory, which may not necessarily be the final selling dealer. The debate about cars being exposed by this information <span style="font-weight: bold">assumes that very few cars would have been dealer-transferred beyond a limited radius of the original receiving dealership back</span> in the day ... </div></div>

Not sure how many people were as anal as I was when I bought my last new car but my local Scottsdale, AZ dealer did a dealer &quot;trade/purchase&quot; for me with the original &quot;delivered to&quot; dealer in Idaho ...

Don_Lightfoot 05-01-2014 05:33 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add Provinces for Canadian orders as I could not put a &quot;State or Province&quot; in that box as there was no selection for Canadian Provinces.

Sent a private email to put &quot;Ontario&quot; in that address section [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

What I did Danny was put the City and Province in the &quot;City&quot; address line. Hopefully it will work as they do have a box for &quot;Country&quot;. Let me know what, if anything, you get back from your email.

XXXGoldL34M20 05-01-2014 06:01 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don_Lightfoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add Provinces for Canadian orders as I could not put a &quot;State or Province&quot; in that box as there was no selection for Canadian Provinces.

Sent a private email to put &quot;Ontario&quot; in that address section [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

What I did Danny was put the City and Province in the &quot;City&quot; address line. Hopefully it will work as they do have a box for &quot;Country&quot;. Let me know what, if anything, you get back from your email. </div></div>

Don they replied right away for me, he will add the Ontario for me on my address and he notified the IT crew to add the provinces to the States section to make it more user friendly for us Canucks.

Don_Lightfoot 05-01-2014 07:42 PM

Good stuff Danny, thanks [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Xplantdad 05-01-2014 08:17 PM

Dang Canadians...always pushing the envelope [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

travlnz28 05-01-2014 08:28 PM

Number 279 for my JL8. Can't wait to find out where it came from!

It would be nice to hear some feedback from some members who find out something special about their cars through this service. Good or bad [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] or [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

camaromb 05-01-2014 08:30 PM

200, 201 &amp; 203, I can't wait!

scuncio 05-01-2014 10:20 PM

#310! On the edge of my seat!

Don_Lightfoot 05-01-2014 10:37 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang Canadians...always pushing the envelope [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img] </div></div>

Now Bruce, be nice [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

m22mike 05-01-2014 11:49 PM

Where are you boyz getting a position # from ? Is that the first two in the transaction # ?

Mike

mockingbird812 05-01-2014 11:54 PM

Mikey
You get a confirmation email from Roy Sinor stating:

&quot;Thank you for your order nr. 62. This e-mail will confirm your request and payment of $50 USD with transaction...&quot;

dans68 05-01-2014 11:57 PM

Transaction confirmation email