The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   "Cars on Fifth" show - Naples, FL (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159380)

bergy 02-06-2020 11:26 PM

"Cars on Fifth" show - Naples, FL

For anybody in southwest Florida this Saturday, there is a great car show in Naples. They shut down 5th Avenue for the show. Always draws a huge crowd with the best cars in the area attending. 10:00 - 4:00

Luvchevs 02-07-2020 01:58 AM

My daughter is down in FL and going to the show.
Do they get many classics or is it mostly modern exotics?

Dave

Billohio 02-07-2020 04:01 AM

Hopefully we don't blow away tonight and might try and slip over

bergy 02-07-2020 12:58 PM

All kinds of cars. I’ll have my red 67 L78 Camaro there. Stop by :-)

markinnaples 02-07-2020 02:16 PM

Yes, the Cars on Fifth is one of, if not the, largest event in Naples annually. The show is put on by the Naples Ferrari Club, and there are a lot of Ferrari's as well as other exotics, but there are also muscle cars, sports cars and some antiques.

The beneficiary of the show is St Matthews House of Naples, which is the only homeless shelter in Naples, but it is also a feeding ministry as well as an addictions treatment center that is highly successful compared to other programs. I was on the board of St Matthews House for over 15 years and it is an amazing place where miracles happen every day, so I encourage anyone in South West FL to attend the show and know that any tickets you buy or donations you make are going to an amazing charity.

I'm still working on my car, so I won't be able to be in it this year, and I have some stuff going on tomorrow as we're getting ready to put our house on the market, but if I get down there I'll look for your Camaro, Bergy and stop by if I see it.

RPOLS3 02-07-2020 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My partner texted this to me earlier this week from South Naples...…...belong to anyone here?

A12pilot 02-08-2020 11:32 AM

I'm sitting around all day in Miami with nothing to do, so I'll be hitting this show shortly with another fellow pilot who lives there and has a few classics. Pics to follow!

I'll be hanging with the "Yenko.net Posse'":tongue: discussing such topics as the fall of Communism, the former Cuban Missle crisis, and possibly what skimpy tops are walking around looking in engine bays!

Cheers :beers:
Dave

markinnaples 02-08-2020 08:05 PM

Dang Dave, Had I known you were coming over today, I'd have rearranged some stuff and came in to meet up. My step son is there today but I didn't get to come down. Bummer.
Looking forward to your pics.

A12pilot 02-09-2020 12:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, the show was a complete success! So much so there was absolutely no way to get any pictures. It was wall to wall people and I just couldn't step back far enough with my phone to get any pictures. Awesome venue but man, people all over!

Seriously...look at these pics and see if you actually see any cars! And Bergy... where were you? I only saw one Burgundy Camaro there and when I went up and said "Hey, is your name Bergy?" I got a stern and less than cordial "No":blush: as a reply :hmmm: so I mosied on down the line..:(

Don't worry Mark, I'll drive over again and maybe we can meet for lunch along with a few others?

Lots of Ferraris there. I'm looking at a 328GTS so maybe I'll fit in! :laugh::tongue:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

markinnaples 02-09-2020 01:09 AM

Sounds good Dave.

Bergy, does your Camaro have PA plates on it? If so, I think my stepson got a couple pics of it when he was there. Do you belong to the West Coast Musclecar Club? I was a member but haven't rejoined since my engine blew up.