The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olds (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Ryan Weaver's 1969 Olds Cutlass S W31 Club Coupe (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131025)

quik9r 01-18-2016 02:31 AM

Re: Ryan Weaver's 1969 Olds Cutlass S W31 Club Coupe

Are you using someone local for coating, meaning southern Ontario?

Kevin

Mr. Chevy 01-18-2016 03:19 AM

Ryan, seriously the club wouldn't mind if you brought the car down!! I would love to see it... I saw it at MCACN..

Rich

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-18-2016 10:05 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: quik9r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you using someone local for coating, meaning southern Ontario?

Kevin </div></div>

I am still deciding on a supplier, I visited Aegis in Guelph and they are capable and the pricing is similar to my budget. Any suggestions are welcome!!!!

Ryan

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-18-2016 10:06 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryan, seriously the club wouldn't mind if you brought the car down!! I would love to see it... I saw it at MCACN..

Rich </div></div>

NOCCC

Northern Ohio Chevelle Cutlass Club:-)

Ryan

cook_dw 01-18-2016 07:19 PM

Great progress. Keep it up. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-20-2016 12:32 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great progress. Keep it up. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

Thanks for the positive comments!!!

I will work on removal of ball joints and control arm bushings this weekend:-)

I am realizing more each day that a bit more equipment is needed, a parts washer is high on the list........

Ryan

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-20-2016 02:51 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: quik9r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you using someone local for coating, meaning southern Ontario?

Kevin </div></div>

I am still deciding on a supplier, I visited Aegis in Guelph and they are capable and the pricing is similar to my budget. Any suggestions are welcome!!!!

Ryan </div></div>

quik9r and I had a great chat tonight (super nice guy) I now have several leads on local Coaters to follow up on:-)

Many thanks for the call, I can't stress enough, I am hoping to attain amateur status with this chassis restoration a conversation like this is so helpful to me as I &quot;google know&quot; coatings........... Now I have some shared experience to build on:-)

Ryan

cook_dw 01-20-2016 03:56 PM

Has anyone used body filler on a part or frame that is pitted to make them smooth before powder coating or does everyone use JB Weld or Alvin Lab Metal or ???

Ryan1969Chevelle 01-20-2016 04:15 PM

So far I have been told no filler under Powder coat as the baking process will be an issue.

Ryan

The Dude 01-20-2016 06:15 PM

So whats your plan? Your frame will look exactly like it does now if you powdercoat it. If you paint it you can fill in the pitting, but that will involve a ton of work. If it was me Id find a nice rust free frame from out west.