The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   SCR Man of the Year 2019 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155744)

ORIGLS6 06-28-2019 06:55 PM

SCR Man of the Year 2019

For the past few years the SCR has chosen an individual to honor as the "Person of the Year". It's rarely difficult to list possible nominees, but sometimes one name just seems to be a unanimous choice of all the committee. This year is one of those instances.

This person has been in the SuperCar and Muscle Car hobby for as long as we can recall. He has amassed one of the most enviable collections anyone can imagine and has shared those cars with the public at many of the most popular and prestigious events across the country. A long-time participant of the SCR; always willing to participate, always willing to help, and always one of the most gracious and kind gentlemen you'll ever meet.

The SCR logo usually includes the names of the Hi-Performance Dealers of the era and includes the COPO cars of the late 60s and early 70s. This gentleman can fill the ticket of most of the Dealers on that list.

Yenko? Yes!

Baldwin/Motion? Yes!

COPO? Yes!

Significant Factory Muscle? Yes!

His collection includes prime examples of the cars we all dreamed of in that era. And in many cases, the cars aren't just show pieces; they hit the drag strip and do what they were meant to do: Race, and race hard.

Many of us have shared days with this gentleman over the years, and now I'm sure some of you are reading this and are already smiling because you've figured it out. I'm equally certain you'll approve of the choice.

It is with great pleasure we announce this year's SCR Man of the Year; Mr. Mark Hassett.

Kim_Howie 06-28-2019 07:43 PM

Congrats Mark! Well Deserved!

Xplantdad 06-28-2019 08:36 PM

Awesome choice! Congrats to Mark

Ryan1969Chevelle 06-28-2019 09:14 PM

Mark is a one of the good guys, no doubt.

When I first found the Yenko.net website I searched for an 8000 mile L89 1969 Chevelle SS396 that I remembered from a muscle car magazine from years ago. Marks name popped up son I found out how to PM and made a call to Mark. He immediately invited me to their home for a visit and to see his car. I knew there was more than an L89 to look at but when my son and I visited Ashtabula we were amazed!!!

L89 Chevelle Black
ZL1 Camaro Fathom
Yenko Camaro Hugger
Yenko Camaro Fathom
Yenko Vega Hugger
Yenko Nova Hugger
Yenko Chevelle Hugger
Motion L88 Camaro Lemans
427 Corvette Hugger
Z/28 Hugger

I have probably forgot a few more...

The cars were awesome but we were welcomed as old friends out of the clear blue sky. Jamie and I had a great visit and got to unzip the storage bags on each of his bad ass muscle cars.

A year or two later Mark brought his L89 Chevelle to our Display at MCACN. This was a dream of mine come true.

I agree with your selection 100%

Ryan W31

PS: sYc seems like it has always been part of my everyday, but not too long ago I stayed up half the night reading threads about musclecars)

m22mike 06-28-2019 09:58 PM

Good for Mark :biggthumpup:

Postsedan 06-29-2019 12:00 AM

A great choice.....congrats Mark :)

Dan

mockingbird812 06-29-2019 12:06 AM

Swell choice! Well deserved! Congrats Mark!:biggthumpup:

mhassett 06-29-2019 02:23 AM

2019 Man of the Year

WOW!! I am very Honored to be chosen for this award.
I can't believe it's been 22 yrs. since I went to the 1st Reunion in Tennessee. I think I've only missed 2 times. I will be bringing my favorite car this year.
Thank you all for this honor.
Mark

Steve Shauger 06-29-2019 02:37 AM

Mark has contributed to hobby in so many ways! Well done and congratulations.... His passion for these cars is never ending.:beers:

JoeC 06-29-2019 11:59 AM

Congratulations Mark , you deserve it