The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Rest in Peace my dear friend Dave Lindsley (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154139)

Xplantdad 03-25-2019 05:34 AM

Rest in Peace my dear friend Dave Lindsley

1 Attachment(s)
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write this.

I found out that one of the BEST guys in the car hobby passed away, Dave Lindsley. His wife Madeline (also known as Bird) was his "everything" and Dave was her everything. It was amazing to see them together. They celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary this past November....and according to both of them, they were in love from the start.

Dave taught me a lot about people and about friendships-and to value the ones that mean a lot to me and to not worry about the rest. He taught me that it's okay to express affection to a guy (Dave, I loved you like a brother!). Dave was a very humble and giving person too-I wish people could know Dave like we did.

I was able to call NovaJoe, Mark Sheppard, Dan Vasic and George Lyons and Mark did me a favor and called Dana Hurt to let them know of Dave's passing.

Sorry I had to call with such bad news, but it gave us time to talk and I valued that time more than you could ever know. It was nice to relive some of the stories about Dave and some of his escapades as well...

Dave was VERY active in the SoCal car community-and will be deeply missed. I talked to Bird tonight and there may be a celebration of his life-but she's not sure when. Once I find out, I will let you all know

Here's a fairly recent picture from the Enderle Center show...From left to right Mark Sheppard, Holly, Dave Lindsley and NovaJoe Camuglia. Till we meet again my friend...

m22mike 03-25-2019 11:15 AM

WOW, thanks for sharing Bruce.

Postsedan 03-25-2019 11:17 AM

Dave was one of the most respected and loved car guys that I knew. He was a role model. He was My Role Model. Honest and Caring as can Be. Integrity - 1000 %
He loved his cars and his car memorabilia....and boy did he have great cars and memorabilia. Dave was a perfectionist....Bruce and I discussed this on Saturday. When Bruce and I would found great cars for Dave....we just knew that they were never good enough for Dave. He would have to make each one of his cars live up to his standards. I loved him for that.

Dave I will miss you my friend.....RIP.

Bruce, thanks for reaching out to me on Saturday....It gave me time to reflect.

Dan

SS427 03-25-2019 11:39 AM

So sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace. Too many good people leaving us lately.

x77-69z28 03-25-2019 02:37 PM

Sorry to hear. RIP
Buddy

Jonesy 03-25-2019 02:49 PM

Sorry to hear about his passing. RIP

92646 03-25-2019 03:10 PM

Sometimes there are no words that can fully express a person’s life. Dave was always a straight shooter with a hard outer shell and a heart of gold. Once you were his friend you were a friend for life. He was a perfectionist in his hobby and work ethic that was second to none. It is truly a shame because he was one of the good guys in the hobby.

KenMaisano 03-25-2019 03:52 PM

Super sad to hear this terrable news. I have seen him for many years at local car shows. Just last year we were spending time together at a show. He kept telling me to go to his shop so we can hagout. Unfortunately I never made the time. I really wish i would of. Life is too short.

PeteLeathersac 03-25-2019 05:30 PM

'

What sad news, thoughts/prayers for Dave's family and many friends.
Sorry to all here who've lost your special pal, I never met him but all sounds like he was quite the guy.
RIP Dave

Xplantdad 03-25-2019 05:46 PM

Hi All, Dave's handle on this site was Z28DL. When I see Dave's wife and the time is right, I will share these remembrances with her...

Dave's posts-always positive:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1120141