The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - Canada (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Belmont Chevy Olds Ltd. Western, ON (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71636)

Stefano 10-22-2002 05:55 PM

Belmont Chevy Olds Ltd. Western, ON

I recently purchased a Rallye Green COPO Camaro N657867 which was sold through this dealership per GM of Canada paperwork.

Did they sell any other COPO cars as well?

COPO PETE 10-22-2002 08:58 PM

Re: Belmount Chevy Olds Ltd. Western, ON

They sold at least two other Camaros I know of.
Peter

Stefano 10-22-2002 09:08 PM

This one has X44 and D80 Spoilers, AM radio & M21 , do you know how the other ones are equipped?

Keith Tedford 10-22-2002 09:08 PM

Belmont Chev-Olds was a Toronto dealer. In '69 I saw an orange COPO Chevelle in their lower show room. I believe that Beare Motors got it in for a friend of mine. I was told that this car was written off many years ago, but we aren't absolutely sure.

Stefano 10-22-2002 09:28 PM

Keith,
Were they a known Hi-Po Muscle Car dealer as well? Was it a big store?

Keith Tedford 10-22-2002 09:43 PM

I don't remember much about them other than stopping by with a friend and seeing the Chevelle. They had a main level show room and a lower level as well. I guess they were a fair sized dealership but I don't remember them being connected with performance like Gorries was. Obviously they knew about the COPO cars though so they must have leaned toward performance to some extent.

mahoy78spyder 10-22-2002 09:47 PM

I believe a Daytona Yellow COPO came from there also, but I'll check the paperwork tonight to make sure. If so, I'll list the options... but it looks very similar to the green one listed above.

MrMotion 10-23-2002 02:03 AM

Yes, they were a large GM dealership. I lived about a mile North. They serviced the North West part of Toronto and did supply many hi performance vehicles. There were a number of Copo Camaros including the yellow one that Frank Naples owns. My buddies Red Copo came from there and is still in the Ontario area but was at one time tubbed and had been raced with and LS7 in it. Another friend of mine bought a Copo Chevelle from there. It too is still out there waiting to be found. A number of LS 6 Chevelles came from there and one car I know the history of is in the process of being restored and is owned by another friend of mine who found it as a full race car. My Chevelle LS6 is in Nova Scotia with a small block in it. The stories go on and on. So don't think there aren't any cars here! Everyones looking and every Cruise you go to you see another rare Hi Performance vehicle. Belmont Chev-Olds isn't there anymore but the stories are still there.

Stefano 10-23-2002 02:34 AM

Thanks for the info. Guys. So that is three Camaros, Red. Daytona Yellow, and Rallye Green and Two Chevelles one Hugger and the other?

Bigblockhappy 10-23-2002 04:38 AM

Mr Motion,

Do you know if Dean Myers and Wilson Niblett were performance dealers then?