The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Mark Webster passed away... (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153028)

Xplantdad 01-20-2019 06:34 PM

Mark Webster passed away...

1 Attachment(s)
Taken from another friend of Mark's Facebook page...

Quote:

Mark Webster suddenly passed away while out on the road working for nationally recognized top custom car builder Schwartz Performance.

Crazy!

Mark was a great guy,life long Chevy performance guy,drag racer,crew chief,serious B Body nut and a walking encyclopedia of car knowledge.

Ironically,Mark's wife passed away exactly 12 months ago last January.

I know he's very happy to be back at Barb's side again.

I only met Mark a few times. He was good friends with Bob Gagliano and a host of other Chicago local folks...and people across the US as well.

Another friend called him a gentle giant. What an apropos description for Mark.

Rest in peace, sir! :frown:

Postsedan 01-20-2019 07:00 PM

I was shocked by the news....Mark was a long time friend.....I was just with him on Thursday.
Mark was the Best! A true car guy, loved by all.
Mark will be very much missed.

RIP my friend.

Dan

markjohnson 01-20-2019 07:21 PM

My favorite memory of him would have to be sitting with him and Gags in the wooden bleachers at Dyno Dom’s Dragstrip in Sikeston, MO. That was actually the first time i met him but because of our shared interest in similar Big Chevys it actually felt like we were decades-long friends. That’s the kinda guy he was and I’ll miss seeing what kinda cool Hot Rods he was always gonna have next.

markjohnson 01-20-2019 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
His last FB post at 9:14 PM last night. If this don’t tug at your heartstrings, then you ain’t human . . .

Postsedan 01-20-2019 07:51 PM

Mark's Avatar says it all.

Thanks for sharing Mark.

Dan

kwhizz 01-20-2019 08:35 PM

The Best of the Best !!!!!! RIP Mark !!!!!!!!

70 Forest Green Zee 01-20-2019 10:05 PM

Bruce....there couldn't be a more accurate description for Mark than "Gentile Giant" Mark was a very large man but a nicer,kinder, and gentler man you'd be hard pressed to find. He had a sense of humor too... my fondest memory of Mark was at one of the Mecum auctions here in town....a very expensive car was crossing the block, one that I certainly couldn't afford, and Mark sneaks up behind me and grabs my arm and lifts it up as high as he can and waving it around....he was a gentile giant but he could be a character too.....I for one am sure gonna miss him at cruise nights and car shows! RIP Mark....you were one of the good ones!

PeteLeathersac 01-20-2019 10:52 PM

'

What sad news and our thoughts/prayers are w/ Mark's family and many friends.
So sorry to all of you here who've lost your pal too, RIP Mark.

~ Pete

Charley Lillard 01-21-2019 02:40 AM

Great guy that I will miss. R.I.P. Mark. He might be gone but I’m sure he is fine.

RPOLS3 01-21-2019 12:13 PM

Wow - RIP Mark.