The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Muscle Car Insurance (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168409)

ruralrte66 08-16-2021 01:19 AM

Muscle Car Insurance

I have had Hagerty Insurance for 20 years, its coming due. I have 8 cars with them, never had a claim. Just wondering, is the coverage and all, the same at MK Insurance.

Thanks Gregg

X66 714 08-16-2021 01:44 AM

I've had Hagerty for a long time also. I wouldn't change for me. The people that painted my car said they were easy to work with if anything happened. Talked to a car owner that had a claim & he said the same thing....Joe

Mr. Chevy 08-16-2021 02:39 AM

I'm insured with M&K (American Modern) and like them. They were priced better than Haggerty when I was comparing. But I know Haggerty is a good company also.

Rich

Postsedan 08-16-2021 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Chevy (Post 1559388)
I'm insured with M&K (American Modern) and like them. They were priced better than Haggerty when I was comparing. But I know Haggerty is a good company also.

Rich

I agree Rich, The one difference is: If you have a Major claim with Haggerty....there is a good chance they will drop you after a large claim.

Dan

njsteve 08-16-2021 11:21 AM

I switched from Hagerty many years ago - their rates kept going up each year for no reason.

I went with MK. They have been great. I have had claims with them - one was a major door chip on my Grandma's 75 Firebird which required a blending of the paint on 1/3 of the car to be done right, and several windshields on other cars that were replaced with correct, date-coded ones where the shipping was twice the cost of the Pilkington glass (which is really expensive to begin with). Not a complaint or issue with any of them. And the rates didn't change as a result of claims.

Claims process was extremely smooth and money was immediately sent along with any supplementals. Amazingly smooth claims process and I am still insured with them years later. They have even allowed me to add non traditional collector vehicles to the policy - like my '95 diesel Suburban I bought new...which is so old now, it's considered a classic car!!!

Lynn 08-16-2021 02:07 PM

Glad to hear about the claims process with MK. I have all my old cars with MK and love working with Tamra and the rest of the staff. My only concern was that virtually everyone I checked with NEVER had a claim with them; so it wasn't that I got a bad report, just no report.

Feeling better now.

Lynn

bergy 08-16-2021 03:06 PM

Anybody know about MK cancelling existing policies and issuing new ones as the existing expire? Lots of changes in the new policies. Not positive, but I believe that one of the changes is to correct a glitch in the fleet discount. When I added my 8th car, I actually got $$ back because I then qualified as a fleet I'll stay with MK though - good people and sponsors of our site :-)

njsteve 08-16-2021 03:38 PM

I think there was an update to their carrier company’s name. My policy was re-upped in a similar fashion. Prices for some of the cars changed but overall I think the total price was the same or within $50 overall.

Vern B 08-18-2021 12:18 AM

I live 10 miles from Hagerty’s office in Traverse City and know many people that work there. I used to have my cars with them, but switched over 10 years ago because of pricing. I have a nephew that works there and had him do a quote last year and they were $700 more than MK. Never had a claim with Hagerty, but have heard they settle claims with few issues.
I’d love to do business with them being a local company, but the price differential is just too great.

I had a wild turkey fly in front of my El Camino last summer and hit the grille and some other minor damage. My first claim with MK and it was fixed to my satisfaction with no issue.

There was a significant adjustment downward to my American Modern policy when it was rewritten on July 1 mostly due to changes with Michigan’s Catastrophic Claims Fund.

Tamara and Jackie are great to work with.

ruralrte66 08-18-2021 01:28 AM

Thanks to all for your feedback, I am going to get with MK for a quote.

Thanks Gregg