The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Who says swap meets are dead?? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177022)

67since67 10-15-2023 09:26 PM

Who says swap meets are dead??

With Brian riding shotgun and skeptical expectations I hauled a load to the Monticello IA swap this morning. With realistic pricing and some negotiation I sold more than 2/3 in four hours. Rolling out Ben Franklins like toothpicks.
Saw tags from IL, WI and MN. - Bill W

Too Many Projects 10-15-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67since67 (Post 1634484)
With Brian riding shotgun and skeptical expectations I hauled a load to the Monticello IA swap this morning. With realistic pricing and some negotiation I sold more than 2/3 in four hours. Rolling out Ben Franklins like toothpicks.
Saw tags from IL, WI and MN. - Bill W

We don't have as many up here in the Cities as we used to. Not surprised if people are traveling further for these. Some years ago, I was a regular at many of them at the fairgrounds and Hugo. I did attend 1 last fall to try to make some space in the shop, but didn't hit any this year. Just too damned busy after moving 4 yrs ago.

John Brown 10-16-2023 12:03 AM

Only 15 dollars for a swap space? Swappers should have been all over it at that price. Last Iowa swap I went to was 2018 at Greenfield. :burnout:

chevyman0429 10-16-2023 12:37 AM

Went to one early spring about an hour from me that iv never been to place was packed. Walked it then on the way out bumped into and old friend that was just coming in so I decided to walk it with him. Scored a NOS fender for a 69 chevelle for a $100. I ask the guy if it was aftermarket he says im not sure it belongs to a friend of mine. He had it listed for $125. I bought it. Get it home pull it out of the truck I’ll be dam if theres not a GM sticker on the inside

mnyenko 10-16-2023 12:38 AM

Bill my 69 L78 Nova was sold new at K and P Chevrolet in Monticello IA. Always looking for anything from there. Earl

turbo69bird 10-16-2023 03:16 AM

A lot of my buddy’s are back at the swap meets who haven’t gone in years .

3X24SPD 10-16-2023 09:07 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Not around here they're not.
New England Dragway swap is the last sunday of every month.

This was from yesterday at Stafford Springs:

3X24SPD 10-16-2023 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I should've grabbed these for the L71- the price was right, and they were originals.
But I love my Hookers- and there is no way I could ever convince myself to pull them off.
That car just sounds so good- so I knew these would just go on the shelf in my shop and sit for the next 20 years...

JRSully 10-16-2023 11:35 AM

I think there is still a percentage of Old School parts sellers who won't, or refuse to, deal with the internet and would rather bring it all to a Swap meet and there are still deals to be had as a result. I love walking the lots, even if I don't buy a single thing

RPOLS3 10-16-2023 12:55 PM

The Jefferson swap meet continues to draw pretty large crowds too. People still looking for original parts rather than the junk reproduction stuff. The demographic doesn't seem to be trending much younger though.......