The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Chevrolet's new Holiday commercial... (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177408)

Too Many Projects 11-26-2023 02:18 AM

Chevrolet's new Holiday commercial...

Seems this is going to be an annual thing now. They're pulling heart strings again.
https://rumble.com/embed/v3v0b1c/?pub=4

GotGrunt 11-26-2023 02:37 AM

Good choice in music!

CanCOPO 11-26-2023 03:07 AM

Wow. What a great ad

Lynn 11-26-2023 03:26 AM

Wish it were that easy to snap my Mom back into reality. She is 94. We do thanksgiving at our house every year. Thursday she kept asking me where we were. I would say: "Mom, this is my house."

She asked where Mark (my older brother) was. He was sitting next to her. She still knows her sons MOST of the time, but could not remember any grandkids or greats.

Sad thing to see someone as tough as my mom was for years lose her mind.

Too Many Projects 11-26-2023 12:46 PM

Sorry to read this, Lynn. IMHO, Dementia is the most cruel way to go. Cancer is horrible too, but dementia steals the persons whole life from them before it ends.
And yes, the ad is mildly deceiving, in that it would need to be an early stage to have a person recover that well with just a car ride down memory lane.

Lynn 11-26-2023 03:03 PM

I would take cancer over dementia every day. I had prostate cancer in 2017. Got lucky; caught it early, opted for radical prostatectomy. Still cancer free 6 years later, with undetectable PSA levels.
My best friend at the time had a similar diagnosis. He did proton therapy. Died the summer of 2018.
Watched my Dad go through four bouts of four different kinds of cancer over 14 years. Beat it three times. Fourth one was inoperable. But,,, my dad never lost his marbles, and died at peace with life and death. Really didn't suffer much until the very end. Even then, I would take that over what my mom is going through.
BTW, I didn't find out until 8 years after dad died that he had spent a year in Japan after the War. So, he walked around in the radiation from the two A bombs.

WILMASBOYL78 11-26-2023 03:54 PM

Chevy Commercial...

1 Attachment(s)
I guess we can all relate to this message in some way...my mom fought dementia for 5 years. She always enjoyed the holidays and sharing time with Karen and I. We miss her every day...

:santa:

mssl72 11-27-2023 08:42 PM

Nice ad.

I hear ya Lynn. I just flew home to see my parents for Thanksgiving. My Mom has been going through dementia. Same as you, she doesn't always know where she is or who my Father is. The worst part added to it is that she has glaucoma and macular degeneration. She's legally blind now. Has to be lead everywhere. My Mom was tough too. It doesn't seem fair for someone to go through this.

Keith Seymore 11-27-2023 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 1638366)
Wish it were that easy to snap my Mom back into reality. She is 94. We do thanksgiving at our house every year. Thursday she kept asking me where we were. I would say: "Mom, this is my house."

She asked where Mark (my older brother) was. He was sitting next to her. She still knows her sons MOST of the time, but could not remember any grandkids or greats.

Sad thing to see someone as tough as my mom was for years lose her mind.

Lost my mom to dementia a year ago May. My mother in law is going through it now.

Anyway, on a happier note - the little village is Holly Michigan, a small town just north of here. That's where my dentist is.

The Wyoming drive in is down my Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI.

K

Pro Stock John 11-28-2023 05:59 PM

This commercial hit a lot harder than the one they aired last year, kinda depressing to be honest.

My parents generation is in their early/mid 80s. My mom is very fit, my dad was not and he went in 2020, a mix of 'rona and prior health issues. My inlaws are each dealing with some stuff.