The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Other Muscle (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   SD Gran Prix (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154847)

Keith Seymore 05-04-2019 02:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burd (Post 1446278)
There’s a Pontiac book that lists all the Sd’s. It’s a great book, a lot of info on a lot of things. ( Pete McCarthy )
A lot of pics of some rare parts. Most don’t even know Pontiac had this stuff.
Pontiac muscle car perf 1955-1979

Here's the page from Pete's book showing the '62 cars.

Although -I notice it does not designate which cars got aluminum, in the same way that he did for the '63 SD cars.

K

Burd 05-04-2019 01:26 PM

Small world. Lol.
I met a guy through a Pontiac guy that found the front clip from a 63 tempest SD, don’t remember his name, I think it was in Florida, it was a while back.

Keith Seymore 05-04-2019 03:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Mike Glass. He has the original aluminum from the Stan Long/Stan Antlocer car. That's why the car had a steel front end in the pictures during the ebay auction.

I believe he still has it. Unfortunately he wanted so much money for it that it was less expensive during the restoration to create a new aluminum front end from scratch.

K

Burd 05-04-2019 07:25 PM

I met this guy, his name was Wally, he did 2 63’s. A car and a wagon. The wagon was an OG 3 Spd Stick. The wagon was so cool, burg, all orig. beautiful interior. The Whole drive train was swapped out, the car was beautiful too, it looked factory the way he did it. a friend was going to buy it, it then was a sec or two slower at the track, my friend accused him of swapping heads or something. The car looked factory. I should have bought it. Wally was a cool guy and his work was over the top. I saw him at Norwalk, he wouldn’t take to me then. All because of Jim, my buddy. Lol

Keith Seymore 05-04-2019 11:12 PM

Wally Abela, maybe?

K

Burd 05-05-2019 02:12 PM

Yep. Lol. Jim, my bud, had Mickey Lolich’s 62 GP. It was nice, he sold it to a guy and in my opinion he ruined the car a bit, but so did Jim, lol it was an all orig car, then rite after the POCI article he pulls the whole drive train out. Lol. Drag races it, yada, yada, yada, lol he did try to buy it back for a few years but they never came to a price.
A couple years back, we were sitting on Woodward in August, I was at Jim’s Funeral in Jan, cancer took him that fast.

Burd 05-05-2019 02:33 PM

I’m trying to remember when I met the guy who said he had that front clip from the 63. I think it was in St Louis, POCI, Wally was there, this was before the car deal, Wally had the wagon in the show, he drove down and was nice enough to bring some interior parts back for me, we flew, that was my last POCI.
I don’t even get the POCI mag, I get Don Keefe’s mag now.

PLATINUM6BBL 03-30-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKLS5 (Post 1446089)
Could these be ordered with an aluminum front end? There was a gentleman that had some early Hemi cars and an old Pontiac that he bought new and I could swear he said came with an aluminum front end.

was this Jim that had multiple Hemi engine pulling tractors? Have always wondered what happened to his cars. His 64 A864 Hemi 4spd Plymouth he had bought for $125.00 at a divorce yard sale in 71

BLACKLS5 03-30-2020 07:17 PM

Yes, his name was Jim. I was unaware of the pulling tractors but he had an old brick building behind his shop with some pretty rare stuff inside. I only met him once and he was kind enough to show me his cars. I'm guessing 1997-1998 time frame.

PLATINUM6BBL 03-30-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKLS5 (Post 1491620)
Yes, his name was Jim. I was unaware of the pulling tractors but he had an old brick building behind his shop with some pretty rare stuff inside. I only met him once and he was kind enough to show me his cars. I'm guessing 1997-1998 time frame.

Jim passed in 2013. Yes, the cars were in a block building behind his shop. A 66 Hemi automatic Satellite convertible and the 64 steel nose Hemi 4spd Plymouth sat next to it. So, the SD was bought new by Jim? I just remember him saying it was a factory Pontiac race car. this was 1980