The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Woj Phil Wojnarowski/Jim Walker1969 COPO Chevelle (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137178)

Xplantdad 04-22-2016 02:20 PM

Re: Woj Phil Wojnarowski/Jim Walker1969 COPO Chevelle

Very cool...bitchin' car and way cool owner! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

brent396 04-22-2016 04:04 PM

Great guy very Cool Car [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

1969grb 04-22-2016 07:05 PM

Congrats Phil, Looking forward to seeing the article.

Grady

Ryan1969Chevelle 04-22-2016 07:10 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969grb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Phil, Looking forward to seeing the article.

Grady </div></div>

Your COPO makes a nice back drop for Phil's COPO:-)

Ryan

SS427 04-22-2016 09:27 PM

Congratulations Phil. My mag has not arrived yet (we live out in BFE) so I look forward to reading it when I get a chance.

Bill Pritchard 04-22-2016 10:27 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations Phil. My mag has not arrived yet (we live out in BFE) so I look forward to reading it when I get a chance. </div></div>

x2. Interesting to see that Damien has already received his in Australia!

Damien 04-23-2016 12:35 AM

It's funny how it works Bill. They are not all so punctual! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img] That part you really need always seems to take forever!
Anyway, back to Phil's great COPO. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

green crv 04-23-2016 02:04 AM

Very cool Phil, super nice COPO. Both guys are great to talk to. I talk to Jim at the NOCC last year and traded stories about the old days. He asked me if I had a Chevelle and I said a LS6, his eyes lighted up and then asked 4 speed or auto, I said 4 speed. He laughed and said he would beat me easy, because all the guys would miss a gear. That's why I wanted a automatic and just laughed. Was really fun to see him so excited about his old car. That never seems to go away. Phil will be a great care guy to the COPO, also a nice guy. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

m22mike 04-23-2016 11:55 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969grb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Phil, Looking forward to seeing the article.

Grady </div></div>

Your COPO makes a nice back drop for Phil's COPO:-)

Ryan </div></div>

Hay Grady, your car is a backdrop, [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

Great to see a great local car get some ink, congrats Phil [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Mike

Woj 04-23-2016 01:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the nice comments. Jim and I had fun writing this article together. He pitched the idea to Hemmings and they liked it. It was last year, about this time, he was going to submit photos to Hemmings of his &quot;long lost COPO&quot;, when I called him. He may have even already submitted a photo or two, just before the call. He was immediately interested checking out the car and sharing his photos and stories. We share emails on a regular basis. We were lucky enough to get advanced issues, even before Damien and Ryan, so we decided to meet for lunch and open them together last Monday (my wife provided the countdown to envelope opening). We both agree that Hemmings exceeded our expectations by about 200% with the story and layout.

If I could find the two &quot;lost owners&quot; mentioned in the article, I'm sure the car's story will get more interesting.

Ryan, thanks for posting the story here.

Phil Woj.