The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Woj Phil Wojnarowski/Jim Walker1969 COPO Chevelle (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137178)

olredalert 06-24-2019 02:45 PM

----Woj,,, Were these buildings where the Arfon's junkyard was? I went by there when I was a kid several times, but the memories are almost gone, LOL! In any event, glad you had that time with them......Bill S

mockingbird812 06-24-2019 03:24 PM

Super stuff Woj. Great photos. Great story. Great get-together!!!

Astock 06-24-2019 05:31 PM

My wife is good friend of Art's granddaughter. Her father was killed racing flat bottom boat.

I remember when Ken bought the block from a machine shop, and then got a hit with Oh dmv. I think the owner of the Copo lived by the Canton airport (over 25 yrs ago). Protectoplate too. Last time I saw the car, was in a tight room in the basement of Ken's house. Good car.

A12pilot 07-01-2019 07:05 AM

That's just awesome, Phil! Now get down here and see the Molnar Ranch before I come up there for the Chevelle Show next month and drag you guys down here!

Looking forward to seeing that beauty again! Are you sure you want a Mopar guy driving one of those Chebelle thingies??:3gears:

Cheers
Dave

Igosplut 07-02-2019 01:42 PM

Great story and history of your car Phil. Wish I had that on mine..

Woj 07-02-2019 02:41 PM

I'm very lucky to have found the complete ownership history of this car. The best leads came from bringing the car to two car shows in a matter of a few weeks. The amazement of the folks seeing this car after decades of not knowing what happened to it has been priceless.

Dave, you maybe become a Chevy convert after driving one of these. We will see.

Phil

Bill Pritchard 07-03-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mockingbird812 (Post 1452764)
Super stuff Woj. Great photos. Great story. Great get-together!!!

x2 :headbang:

Woj 04-27-2020 04:18 PM

I got a text this morning from Jim, the original owner of my COPO. He told me it was 5 years ago today that I called him to see if he was the original owner of the car I was caring for. He had been wondering for 44 + years as to the whereabouts of his old love. His text to me was, "Five years ago today, I found a new friend and an old friend". We've been great friends since.

I just wanted to give a shout out to Jim for being such a great enthusiast and participant in the history of this car.

Oddly enough, I never realized the date of our first call, 4/27, until I saw a post from Al Galdi on FB today regarding these great numbers.

Cheers!

A12pilot 04-28-2020 10:30 AM

That’s awesome Phil! Really amazing he still loves that car. You’re a great caretaker of that machine!:burnout:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

mockingbird812 04-28-2020 11:08 AM

Just awesome Phil!! :biggthumpup: