The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Queen City Cincinnati OH dealer invoices (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153729)

L72copocamaro 06-25-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac (Post 1437825)
'

Awesome news and thanks for what you're doing!
Great you've posted the whole Vins and looking forward to what you can match up.
:beers:
~ Pete

Ten COPO's on the lot. Nice!

purple panther 06-25-2021 11:58 AM

queen city ad

my favorate queen city ad

fsc66 06-25-2021 01:25 PM

Queen City stickers

Those round Queen City sticker look pretty easy to repro.

Paul

fsc66 06-25-2021 01:26 PM

Queen City stickers

Those round Queen City sticker look pretty easy to repro.
What’s the diameter? Are they both the same size?
Paul

VetteSpaz 06-25-2021 08:31 PM

Queen City Cincinnati OH dealer invoices

Yes, it's always been my intention to have those glovebox door stickers reproduced to put back onto my restored glovebox door.

My car and removed stickers are up north. I'm here in Miami at work for a while. Sorry, I don't have the dimensions with me. Yes, the stickers are both the same size.

I even bought an extra inner glovebox door metal tray with those cupholder depressions to have a set installed there too. Nice shop wall hanging.

I've never seen these Queen City Accident/Service stickers on any cars other than '63-'67 Corvettes. And they were placed in the worst spots possible! They always show damage due to moisture from the drinks placed on top of them having been glued in the cupholder depressions!

But I'm sure grateful that someone at the dealership placed them in the gloveboxes. That's how I figured out where my car was sold new.

I sure wish other Queen City car owners would post some photos of their stickers to this discussion thread. They must've been installed on other Chevrolets too?

Mike

TAR6569 06-30-2021 09:18 PM

Mike, you got the two of us correct. One of the binders had Gabbard's sales and the other smaller one had stuff sold by Jim Toombs. Saw a few invoices with the name House as well. Also, there are numerous invoices from the salesman's demos. They noted "Gabbard Demo" or "Haag Demo" and other names on them. One of Gabbard's demos was a 66 Caprice 396.

We've never met Ralph. These two binders were found in a file cabinet in a closed Ford dealership in that area that was being cleaned out. (According to the person we got them from).

What color is the invoice he sent you? 99% of these are the pink carbon copies.

Warren

VetteSpaz 07-01-2021 02:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Warren,

Very interesting thread here. I used to talk to Ralph Gabbard on the telephone in the early 1990's when I was researching my '66 Corvette sold new from Queen City. Ralph gave me a couple of ideas and leads to follow up on. Very enjoyable conversations with him so long ago. Ralph Gabbard passed away in 2007.

Ralph sent me a single black and white copy of a Queen City Chevrolet sales invoice dated February 1966. A car that he had sold new. Very similar model Corvette as mine. But as you said, "close but no cigar". Sadly, not my car. I printed it out on faux aged paper to make it look proper to have it framed and matted. It hangs on my shop wall.

I'm attaching a December 1965 Queen City Ad and a closeup of the salesmen working at the dealership back then. For some reason Ralph Gabbard isn't listed. I know he was working there then.

Mike

VetteSpaz 07-01-2021 07:53 AM

To TAR6569:

Warren,

I've sent you a PM.

Mike

Phase3 08-01-2023 12:59 PM

New invoice 68 Camaro

I am in the process of purchasing a 1968 Camaro that you and your brother have the new invoice from Queen City Chevrolet that was in Cincinnati, Ohio. I would like to reunite the paperwork with the Camaro. Thank you in advance!!!

Phase3 08-02-2023 03:40 PM

Wanted Camaro invoice

Please contact me, looking to reunite the invoice to my 68 Camaro.Thanks, Phase 3.